Hello from New Jersey

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 am

Hello, everyone. I am anxiously waiting to take delivery of a 1991 ASAT Classic, red burst, maple neck. As soon As I can, I will post some photos. I had been holding at 4 guitars total for over 10 years (a 2000 +/- Deluxe Strat Plus; a National Delphi; a Martin 000c-16, and a Santa Cruz OM). This is going to steer me back toward much more playing electric, I can tell. I now have my eye on a Laney Cub 10. The wife is not going to be happy...

I already have a question. This instrument is supposed to have a Duncan in the neck and a Tom Anderson in the bridge. I assumed that neither was original, but I am beginning to wonder, based on some things I have read. Is there any way I can be sure, one way or the other?

Re: Hello from New Jersey

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 am

thebowl wrote:Hello, everyone. I am anxiously waiting to take delivery of a 1991 ASAT Classic, red burst, maple neck. As soon As I can, I will post some photos. I had been holding at 4 guitars total for over 10 years (a 2000 +/- Deluxe Strat Plus; a National Delphi; a Martin 000c-16, and a Santa Cruz OM). This is going to steer me back toward much more playing electric, I can tell. I now have my eye on a Laney Cub 10. The wife is not going to be happy...

I already have a question. This instrument is supposed to have a Duncan in the neck and a Tom Anderson in the bridge. I assumed that neither was original, but I am beginning to wonder, based on some things I have read. Is there any way I can be sure, one way or the other?

Welcome! :greet:

Your assumption is correct on those pickups. Neither of them are stock pickups for the ASAT Classic.
The stock pickups are G&L MFDs. Here is what they look like:

Also, see this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

You can purchase the stock pickups from the G&L On-Line Store.

Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to seeing your ASAT Classic.

:ugeek: