Hi

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 am

Hello
I'm from the UK and new to G&L, but have been mightily impressed by the reviews and comments I've read which are pretty much universally positive.
I've got 2 USA guitars currently being made for me - a Legacy and an S-500, and I'm thinking of purchasing a couple of tribute models to fill the gap (a semi hollow bluesboy and an S-500)
I am an online guitar trader (nothing big time, just a few guitars a month - Andertons and GAK are not quaking in their shoes cos I'm around!!) and I hope to help promote G&L here in the UK, largely by selling on eBay.
I'm here to learn, and my first question is about the Tributes and when and why production switched from Korea to Indonesia. I've tried googling it, but can't seem to get any solid info
many thanks
Andy

Re: Hi

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:05 am

Welcome Andy!

Here is a good place to start your quest on the Tributes. Check out the links that Craig supplies in his reply.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10752

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 am

Andy C wrote:Hello
I'm from the UK and new to G&L, but have been mightily impressed by the reviews and comments I've read which are pretty much universally positive.
I've got 2 USA guitars currently being made for me - a Legacy and an S-500, and I'm thinking of purchasing a couple of tribute models to fill the gap (a semi hollow bluesboy and an S-500)
I am an online guitar trader (nothing big time, just a few guitars a month - Andertons and GAK are not quaking in their shoes cos I'm around!!) and I hope to help promote G&L here in the UK, largely by selling on eBay.
I'm here to learn, and my first question is about the Tributes and when and why production switched from Korea to Indonesia. I've tried googling it, but can't seem to get any solid info
many thanks
Andy

Welcome! :wave:

Please do check out this post as it will help you navigate our site: Welcome! Read This First.
Also check out the G&L Knowledgebase, which has the answer to your question. See this post: Why the change in manufacturing location for the Tributes?.

:ugeek:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 am

thanks guys :)
Andy

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 am

Welcome aboard Andy.

I'm a bit confused though--how do you make a profit reselling a brand new guitar that you bought at retail?
Are you buying these guitars to play, or merely to resell? Maybe I misunderstood .