Super Noob

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Just chiming in to introduce myself.
I am considering picking up my first G&L so I wanted to read through the posts a bit to help my decision making.

Should anyone, for any bizarre reason, be interested in post production, just let me know and I can try to answer any questions for you.

Re: Super Noob

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Welcome Horseblanket! Have you narrowed your options down at all yet? Are you leaning toward new or used, US-built or Tribute series? Is there a particular sound your shooting for, or style of music you'll be focusing on?

Ken

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:57 pm

welcome and X2 to what Ken said

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:57 pm

welcome and X2 to what Ken said ..... I swear I only hit the button once :crazy:

Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Horseblanket,

I'll make your decision a little easier either by making it for you or giving you a starting point to base everything on going forward.

Get a USA made S-500. It's a little bit of many and also a little bit of its own thing. it's a Strat that has more tone potential.

By "post-production" do you mean audio recording? If so, I'd like to know how to get a smooth vibe with digital as opposed to the initial harsh robotic vibe? Some might think of it as a more vintage vibe. It's definitely analog but "vintage" can mean a lot of things including old crackly mono.

FF,

You can delete posts as long as no one has posted another post after yours including you.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Welcome!!!

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself. I really like the friendly atmosphere and great advice. :D

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Welcome horseblanket, many options to choose from. I lean to the ASAT variety, and you might want to look at a Z3, this can get some cool tones. :D
Happy hunting

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:02 pm

horseblanket wrote:Just chiming in to introduce myself.
I am considering picking up my first G&L so I wanted to read through the posts a bit to help my decision making.

Should anyone, for any bizarre reason, be interested in post production, just let me know and I can try to answer any questions for you.

My wife and I look kind of vampy, post-production, but we'll keep you in mind.

In the meantime, we hope that your good horse sense brings you back here soon to pick up the thread which could lead you to your first G&L! - ed