New member -- from Italy/France -- Asat Z3 owner

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:48 am

Hi to everybody,

I'm Guido, originary from Torino (Italy) but working in Grenoble (France) since 2012.

I bought a G&L Asat Z3 in a music shop in my hometown in 2009 and I'm very happy with it.
You can find photos in the site Gallery (search for gvitale): I'm not good with cameras so they're quite ugly, but at least they prove the existence of my G&L.
I also registered it in the Registry, as recommended.

Please, contact me in the case you find any possible mistake in what I've done, uploaded... in the site.

About my gear: I play it through an handmade JTM45-like amplifier, endowed with KT66 power tubes (Archimede Amplification -- Torino).
I use an handmade tube overdrive (a friend didi it, cannot find on stores...) for crunch sounds as well as a mrT (italian artisan) Nuke Booster and a BSM Treble Booster for solo's stuff.

Feel free to comment and ask questions.

Look forward to hear from all of you,
Guido

Re: New member -- from Italy/France -- Asat Z3 owner

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:21 am

welcome to the Board !!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Welcome fellow Z3/WR owner, Guido. How about some photos of that tasty axe.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello Guido,

Nice looking guitar. Is that silver sparkle, rosewood on the vintage/GOT neck?

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your warm welcome.

For the photos: search for 'gvitale' on the Gallery, I've just checked that they are there (sorry for the very poor quality).

I do not now which kind of neck is (bought it used)... seems to me a C type.
moreover, I do not know what means vintage/GOT: I'm not very prepared on luthier technical stuff.
I beg you pardon for that, with more hints I would perhaps be able to answer.

However, important thing is that stays in tune, does not make noise and sounds great.
it is amazing how the tune is definite, powerful and present: I can always here me even when the drummer beats hard and the keyboard is playing, without increasing too much the amplifier master volume.

G

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:38 pm

gvitale wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your warm welcome.

For the photos: search for 'gvitale' on the Gallery, I've just checked that they are there (sorry for the very poor quality).

I do not now which kind of neck is (bought it used)... seems to me a C type.
moreover, I do not know what means vintage/GOT: I'm not very prepared on luthier technical stuff.
I beg you pardon for that, with more hints I would perhaps be able to answer.

However, important thing is that stays in tune, does not make noise and sounds great.
it is amazing how the tune is definite, powerful and present: I can always here me even when the drummer beats hard and the keyboard is playing, without increasing too much the amplifier master volume.

G

Welcome! :wave:

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: what does 'GOT' maple neck mean?

:ugeek:

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 am

Welcome to the forum Guido. :greet:

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:21 am

Welcome to the Forum!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks for the info.

All I know/ argue about my asat z3 is:
bird's eye, classic C shaped (?) maple neck, clear gloss finish(?);
medium jumbo fret, rosewood fingerboard, bone nut, locking tuners;
5 way switch, no push-pull (so it was built before 2003?).

Everything else should be argued by the photo's I've posted on the Gallery.

Last, I currently use d'addario 0.10 -- 0.46 string, but I'll think to put 0.11 somewhere in the future.

I use to play in classic blues -- 70-80's rock cover band; I can cover most of what we do with asat (hendrix, clapton, santana, purple, queen, toto, ccr, stones...), using a LP for zeppelin, gun's, sabbath et similia tune.

see you soon.