New to the club

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey, my name is Matt. I just recently picked up an L2500 from a member on a different forum. Previously played a cheapy Ibanez and decided it was time to upgrade. After a lot of research I decided I would like to try out one of the new M2500's. After a lot of searching I ran across this L2500 and found the setup on them pretty intriguing. So far I am really happy with it and still am playing around with all the options. So here it is: 2008 BABP L-2500

One more thing. I have been having a hard time trying to figure out what they call this color option. Anyone able to help?

Re: New to the club

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:15 pm

beautiful Bass ... I would say the color is Blackburst

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Matt,

Welcome to the world of G&L! I agree that it is Blackburst. I might not have guessed it from the photo, but since it was from a limited run and all of the others are Blackburst, it was probably the standard finish. You could also check over at BassesbyLeo.com to see what other BABP owners say.

I love how the maple neck looks without position markers. If I ever order a fretted G&L, that option will be a "must" for me.

Ken

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Welcome to you and the gorgeous Blackburst with maple bass Matt!

I don't play bass but the maple without markers adds something perhaps similar to a ghost note.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:00 am

Welcome Matt. Very nice bass and I have no idea what color it is. I have never seen one like it. -- Darwin

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:36 am

Welocme, Matt! :greet:

Nice score! :thumbup: Only 14 were made and as others have said, the body finish is Blackburst.
See: List of G&L Rarebird Instruments (USA).
For more info on this and the other two BABP Limited Edition basses, check this site: http://www.badassbassplayers.com/forum/

:ugeek:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes and color help! Ken, I'm really liking the hidden front markers. Found out I don't notice they are gone at all while playing. Thanks for the links. And now my night is booked...