New forum member

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:41 am

Hi folks. New member from Canada. Name is Greg. I'm just a hack but enjoy playing as a hobby. Just bought a used US ASAT classic the other day. I believe it's a 2004 from doing some searial number searching on the registry and from what the shop told me. The previous owner died of cancer and his wife sold his collection of different guitars to a local shop who happens to be a G&L dealer. All of them are in mint condition; unfortunately I only could afford one.

Anyway, it's an ASAT Classic in black with the wood binding, a rosewood board on a gloss vintage tinted neck and the original blow molded hard shell case. Still has the hang tags in the case along with the key. I had a Tribute ASAT Classic in cherrybusrst that I sold about 7 years ago; I had bought it new a couple of years before from the same shop. Regreted selling it ever since. I had too many guitars at the time and thinned out the heard a bit.

I'm also into amp building a bit. I built a 5E3 tweed replica from a Trinity Amp kit in 2010. Built the solid pine cabinet myself as well. I will never part with that amp. The ASAT sounds incredible through it.

A couple of pics:

Re: New forum member

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 am

Welcome to the board !! ... that wood binding looks great , sweet guitar

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:50 am

Hi Greg:

Welcome, its a beauty for sure!! Don't forget to register it in the registry.

Lots of canadians here, I'm in the Niagara Falls Area!

Alf

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 am

Hey Greg,

Welcome aboard eh!!!

Great looking ASAT you got there :banana:

Scott

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:16 am

Greg, welcome and that is a nice classic! -- Darwin

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:52 am

Welcome, Greg! :greet:

That's a beauty! :thumbup:
The natural wooding binding (in this case Alder body) look's great with the Black finish.

Enjoy!

:ugeek:

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

Guitar is in the registry.