New guy on the forum, longtime G&L nut and forum haunt

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi all, I feel like you're family already. PROBABLY because I've spent the last 10 years haunting this forum, learning about what makes everyone else so equally passionate about this whole "G&L" thing. Just glad to finally jump in and participate in the conversation.

My first G&L was a 2003 bel aire green ASAT Classic, but when I purchased an old '84 skyhawk beater, I finally found the tone I had always wanted. I've bought and sold early G&Ls since then, always on the hunt for the special ones with mojo, because as you know, not all guitars are created equal. Not even G&Ls. I've had a NAMM show Nighthawk that was pretty lifeless, for example.

Glad to be here! My user profile handle is "B Vestal".

And check out my recent post in the Marketplace. I'm in the mood to trade. THIS one's got mojo to boot.

Re: New guy on the forum, longtime G&L nut and forum haunt

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm

hi there ! and welcome...

that's quite an interesting thing you got ! can you tell us more about it ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:20 pm

welcome !! ... I've been drooling over your market place ad since you posted it ...lol .... even saved the picture

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Glad you showed up to the party. Cool guitar. ASAT bodies with wiggle sticks are really cool IMO. Welcome aboard.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:39 pm

"B", welcome and I did also see your guitar in the maketplace when it appeared. Very nice guitar.-- Darwin

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks for the kind welcomes, y'all! I can totally understand the urge to save photos of beautiful G&Ls.

I'm loving playing this ASAT with humbucker until I can get her traded for something more my style. There's a chance I may fall in love with her before too long, though. This ASAT humbucker is extremely versatile. It really bites, but with a flip of the tone, it becomes a very meaty vintage rock machine.

Meursault, according to the 'word of mouth' G&L historians, there were only a handful of these ASAT IIIs with buckers created. I suspect there were more than a 'handful', but they are really rare. The bucker is the same from the HG series. There are a couple others pictured in the gallery... http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... itemId=930

I recently purchased it from a collector who I've been buying from for years. He isn't a player - he was buying G&Ls simply as an investment, marking them up 3-5% each year and sitting on them to resell. Pretty interesting, actually how some people approach collecting guitars. I'm a player, first. By the looks of your profile, you look to be the same! Cool.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:29 am

damn... if i was over there... ^^