New guy on the block.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Owner of 1996 Asat Special. She's a keeper!! Playin' old school blues as well as newer progressive style blues! Would like some help with where to have pickup heights adjusted to. Love the guitar and just want to have pickups in the "right" place. Great sounding guitar. Originally ordered from Buffalo Brothers, I was lucky enough to purchase it from private party after checking out numerous strats this guy had. Picked this one out of the case and knew immediately this was the one even before plugging in. The rest as they say, is history! Thanks guys!

Re: New guy on the block.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Howdy new owner! :happy0065:

There are set directions in the knowledge base area I cannot get to right now. ( technology has the better of me)

You will here from us however, guitars don't exist without pictures, look forward to seeing yer new ASAT! Welcome to the cult.....uh I mean "club" :D

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:40 am

Thanks for reply Sam! Lookin' forward to hearing back from you! Glad to be on board! This guitar seems to have so much potential, hope I can do my part! Saw a video from gregsguitars on You Tube with a guy named Gregor Hilden from Germany playing a Special. Check it out!! What a sound! Anybody else doin' the blues with Asat Special?? Would really like to hear from ya!!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:49 am

congrats and welcome, I have a 2011 ASAT Special Deluxe which you can see in my avatar....GREAT guitar.

Don't know about the pickup heights, had the guitar professionally setup and haven't touched it since!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 am

Nice array of lefties there astutzman! Hollow body looks like a beauty! Lovin' my asat as well! Thanks for the welcome!! By chance do you know what type of nut they used on these guitars? Mine is a 96 Special as mentioned!.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 am

not sure, when I ordered mine, I ordered the Graphtec upgrade, so my nut is graphtec.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Pages 6 and 8 of the G&L Owner's Manual describe a benchmark.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks Salmon! Will set it up that way and go from there! Much appreciated!!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm

welcome !! .... I have a 96 S-500 , mine has a bone nut but I think there was options for nuts back 96 , you can order want you want on the new ones