Hello everyone!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Hey all. My name is Chad, and I'm from Minot North Dakota.

I've been playing guitar for 21 years now, and 10 of those years on G&L's. In 2004 I started on a Korean Tribute ASAT Classic, and was puzzled for quite some time why this cheap $370 ASAT sounded and played better than a couple of Gibsons I had at that time. I eventually sold that guitar (still don't know why). In 2006, my wife and I made the move to Nashville, where I played in an original rock band for around 10 months. We were only there for a year before returning back to North Dakota to start raising a family. However, it was my time in Nashville - the greatest music store in the world Corner Music specifically - that really opened my eyes as to how superb G&L guitars really are. They are the total package as far as color choice, different pickup configurations, enough neck sizes to please most any player, and all at the same time being the tried and true body shapes that Leo upset the music world with back in the 50's.

I've owned MANY G&L guitars, custom ordered 3 of them, and sold them all. I thought I finally found the one last January when I bought an ASAT Classic S. What a phenomenal guitar, but really wished they offered it with Alnico pickups and sold it. Well low and behold, G&L now offers the Classic S with Alnico's, and I snagged a brand new beauty right before Thanksgiving. I don't foresee the honeymoon ending any time soon, if at all. She's a 3 tone sunburst with top binding and belly cut, and it is to my eyes and ears perfection. After being through approximately 80-100 guitars in the last 12 years (mostly Gibson USA and Custom Shops, Fender USA and Custom Shops, USA Hamer, USA PRS, Reverend, plus many acoustics and basses) this ASAT Classic S Alnico is the only guitar I own, and it's not only all that I need, it's all that I want. Bravo G&L.

Finally decided to become a member here and be apart of this great community of G&L lovers like myself. See ya around!

Re: Hello everyone!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Welcome and cool story Chad !! ... how about a couple pictures :greet:

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:11 pm

teleburst wrote:Hey all. My name is Chad, and I'm from Minot North Dakota.

I've been playing guitar for 21 years now, and 10 of those years on G&L's. In 2004 I started on a Korean Tribute ASAT Classic, and was puzzled for quite some time why this cheap $370 ASAT sounded and played better than a couple of Gibsons I had at that time. I eventually sold that guitar (still don't know why). In 2006, my wife and I made the move to Nashville, where I played in an original rock band for around 10 months. We were only there for a year before returning back to North Dakota to start raising a family. However, it was my time in Nashville - the greatest music store in the world Corner Music specifically - that really opened my eyes as to how superb G&L guitars really are. They are the total package as far as color choice, different pickup configurations, enough neck sizes to please most any player, and all at the same time being the tried and true body shapes that Leo upset the music world with back in the 50's.

I've owned MANY G&L guitars, custom ordered 3 of them, and sold them all. I thought I finally found the one last January when I bought an ASAT Classic S. What a phenomenal guitar, but really wished they offered it with Alnico pickups and sold it. Well low and behold, G&L now offers the Classic S with Alnico's, and I snagged a brand new beauty right before Thanksgiving. I don't foresee the honeymoon ending any time soon, if at all. She's a 3 tone sunburst with top binding and belly cut, and it is to my eyes and ears perfection. After being through approximately 80-100 guitars in the last 12 years (mostly Gibson USA and Custom Shops, Fender USA and Custom Shops, USA Hamer, USA PRS, Reverend, plus many acoustics and basses) this ASAT Classic S Alnico is the only guitar I own, and it's not only all that I need, it's all that I want. Bravo G&L.

Finally decided to become a member here and be apart of this great community of G&L lovers like myself. See ya around!

Welcome! :wave:

In case you haven't check out this post, please do so you can post a photo of your new G&L: Welcome! Read This First.
And don't forget to add your ASAT Classic 'S' Alnico to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Will do, guys. I need to check out that tutorial a little closer to figure out how to get my avatar up. So far the pic that I'm trying to use is WAY too big. I'll get it eventually! :) Thank you for the nice welcome!

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Finally figured out the picture thing thanks to Photobucket! You can see my ASAT in my avatar now. I'll try to figure out how to post a few larger photos of it.