NGD, New forum member

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Picked up my first G&L last week. Got this S-500 from Eddie's Guitars in my hometown, St. Louis. Completed 12/12/13, it was only two weeks old! I took this pic with my iPad in a hotel room, real pics coming later this week.

Re: NGD, New forum member

Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 pm

looks great !! ... welcome to the board ....

Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 am

Congratulations. I was going to buy that guitar or one they had similar to it. Nice to see that you came here after buying it.

Eddie's apparently had more than one G&L with similar specs. The one on the left is Alder while the one on the right is Ash (I know on the EBAY ad they say "Alder" but they had specs wrong on their website for a while stating a maple fretboard was rosewood. I would bet that the guitar on the right is Ash based on the wood grain). Are either of these your guitar? Your photo is too grainy to tell whether the wood grain corresponds. I had my eye on the one to the left. The one on the right was never shown on their website but it appeared in an EBAY auction in December. I think you may have bought the one on the right. The one on the left sold in November and was around before Sept. 2013 so the build date would not match up.

ImageImage

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:34 am

The one on the right is alder. And yes, it's the one I got. I thought it was ash when I first looked at it but when I walked over to the wall I saw the truth (later confirmed by the build spec sheet). Plugged it in and jammed for a while since there was no day-after-Christmas crowd, liked what I heard and brought it home. I have an ash American Standard at the house so it should be fun comparing the two. I guess I'll compare it to my Clapton Blackie too, although that's going to be an unplugged comparison to keep the different pickup sets out of it.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm

More pics in thead "NGD, 2013 S-500," like this one:

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 pm

That is one COOL looking guitar.. Love it.