It's Sunday evening, so What the Heck?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:51 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10 ... skunk?lite

I have some thoughts on this. You? - ed

Re: It's Sunday evening, so What the Heck?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Yep, but talking about gun control without getting political isn't going to happen...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I don't know that gun control is the issue here:

1. Somebody sent a child dressed in skunk colors, after dark, to the house of a relative (not a stranger) whom they probably should have known would be likely to take random shots at suspected skunks in the dark.

2. Somebody who was apparently having a costume party for children took at least one random shot into the dark on the suspicion that there could have been a skunk, without bothering to ask if it might have been a child coming to the party.

I don't know whether background checks can identify poor judgment, so I'll leave this one to the lawyers to figure out...

Ken

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 pm

KenC wrote:I don't know that gun control is the issue here:

1. Somebody sent a child dressed in skunk colors, after dark, to the house of a relative (not a stranger) whom they probably should have known would be likely to take random shots at suspected skunks in the dark.

2. Somebody who was apparently having a costume party for children took at least one random shot into the dark on the suspicion that there could have been a skunk, without bothering to ask if it might have been a child coming to the party.

I don't know whether background checks can identify poor judgment, so I'll leave this one to the lawyers to figure out...

Ken

i agree. if iq tests were required for gun licenses, you could basically outlaw guns as a whole in the midwest and the south.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 am

I like Chris Rock's take on gun control.. "Bullets should be $5000." :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II ;)