where are you in austria?

Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 am

Miles Smiles wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:must be some pretty desperate people in germany for guitar players, if they think hans lingenfelder is any good. he doesn't even write songs, just plays some famous songs without the vocals.

I had just some memories of him, from when I was a beginner among others in the 70s, who were trying to play that song "Verde" and where proud, if they where able too do it, somehow. Never heard of him again, until I got interested in G&L a few years ago and found out, he's got a special built, named "Silver Fleck". In fact it seems he's not using that guitar in public. If my memory serves me right, he was on the list of artists at the G&L page, but seems to be removed now. I cannot imagine why. :mrgreen:

where are you in austria? you mentioned it before, but i can't remember it. i was a scheiße ausländer for almost 2 years, at least that is what the locals called us endearingly.

Re: G&L Album Covers

Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 am

louis cyfer wrote:where are you in austria? you mentioned it before, but i can't remember it. i was a scheiße ausländer for almost 2 years, at least that is what the locals called us endearingly.

I'm located in Graz. Yes, we have some ideots here, not able to count up to three, but believing foreigns are to be blamed for everything, including their own insufficiency.

Where you've been, when you were in Austria and what was your business here?

Sat May 12, 2012 5:59 am

Miles Smiles wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:where are you in austria? you mentioned it before, but i can't remember it. i was a scheiße ausländer for almost 2 years, at least that is what the locals called us endearingly.

I'm located in Graz. Yes, we have some ideots here, not able to count up to three, but believing foreigns are to be blamed for everything, including their own insufficiency.

Where you've been, when you were in Austria and what was your business here?

i lived in traiskhirhen, in lenzig, in baden, in hall in tirol, in hochneukirchen and in vienna. lived in the refugee camp, and then was transferred to different temporary panzios. worked under the table, mostly hustling on mariahilfer strasse.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 am

louis cyfer wrote:i lived in traiskhirhen, in lenzig, in baden, in hall in tirol, in hochneukirchen and in vienna. lived in the refugee camp, and then was transferred to different temporary panzios. worked under the table, mostly hustling on mariahilfer strasse.

Sorry for that, my brother in law will settle in Traiskirchen soon. The camp there's is to be shamed for and still exists, mostly for people from Africa and the East (Europe, Asia).
You came from Hungary and made it to the USA, just before the fall of the iron curtain? Must be some time ago now.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 am

yes. 25 years ago.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:58 am

I know that we are way off topic but thought I'd throw this out to Louis>

Louis I have a friend that went through the same journey that you did. Left Hungry just before the fall of the current, spent time in refugee camps in Austria and came to the US. His name is Lazlo Csuha (spelling?). He is a fun guy. I worked with him for years but now we no longer work together.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:06 am

asphalt-abate wrote:I know that we are way off topic but thought I'd throw this out to Louis>

Louis I have a friend that went through the same journey that you did. Left Hungry just before the fall of the current, spent time in refugee camps in Austria and came to the US. His name is Lazlo Csuha (spelling?). He is a fun guy. I worked with him for years but now we no longer work together.

i left hungary in 87. there were a lot of us. it was pretty tough. the hungarian police went to interogate my mom to see what she knows and they told her "we know your son is in germany". they were on the top of their game.

Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Wow Louis !
You"ve had an interesting life have"nt you!
Thats crazy stuff man.
Steve

Re: where are you in austria?

Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am

wow, i don't remember making this thread.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:59 am

louis cyfer wrote:wow, i don't remember making this thread.

I moved it out of the G&L Album Covers thread
because it became an off topic thread on it's own.

:ugeek:

Mon May 14, 2012 7:02 am

louis cyfer wrote:wow, i don't remember making this thread.

I even can't remember having posted before to this thread. :mrgreen: