going to the ren fair.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:31 pm

anyone else ever go?

Re: going to the ren fair.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 am

Louis, they have a ren festival at a large site south of the cities. It usually runs for a month in the fall of the year and has a big draw. I have never been there but it is advertised well and has a large attendance. -- Darwin

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:52 am

Never been, myself. But that is one badass costume you got there.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Maryland's ren fest is held in my town. My first-ever visit was last summer, and it was a blast. This year I will probably buy a season pass for the family, since it's only ten minutes up the road.

Ken

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 pm

KenC wrote:Maryland's ren fest is held in my town. My first-ever visit was last summer, and it was a blast. This year I will probably buy a season pass for the family, since it's only ten minutes up the road.

Ken

so you know what i am talking about. it is a blast.
i highly recommend going if any of you guys have the chance. they rent costumes right by the front gate at most of them, easy to have the full experience.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:07 am

was back again. here is a panoramic shot. turned out pretty nice. the camera takes the shot, no assist or stitching required. a 43.5 megapixel image originally.

Mon May 14, 2012 10:16 am

Amazing shot. It looks like a "EnfuseAlign" or "Enblend" method was used. The camera did this? I did a few 360's last week. If you blow-up the image you can see the multiple cuts from the burst. I used a Fuji G617 <-- not mine; borrowed...

Cheers,

Will

Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm

willross wrote:Amazing shot. It looks like a "EnfuseAlign" or "Enblend" method was used. The camera did this? I did a few 360's last week. If you blow-up the image you can see the multiple cuts from the burst. I used a Fuji G617 <-- not mine; borrowed...

Cheers,

Will

sony nex7. you can see 2 lines in the sky that looks like from multiple shots, but i can not find any other sign, at least on the original which is pretty big.

Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Good picture. I was thinking, if they applied autotune-like principles to camera technology, that lake would look completely smooth, and the mountains all the same height.

Mon May 14, 2012 2:58 pm

If you zoom-in or open the file in an editor, you can see about 20+ cuts. The camera does it by doing a burst as you pan. I can open and show a blown-up section, but just open http://burlapandblues.com/photos/1336978805.jpg as a page and zoom in. Unfortunately, I have a lot of panorama & 360 image experience. They make good mastheads and 360' flash movies...

Cheers,

Will

Mon May 14, 2012 3:06 pm

willross wrote:If you zoom-in or open the file in an editor, you can see about 20+ cuts. The camera does it by doing a burst as you pan. I can open and show a blown-up section, but just open http://burlapandblues.com/photos/1336978805.jpg as a page and zoom in. Unfortunately, I have a lot of panorama & 360 image experience. They make good mastheads and 360' flash movies...

Cheers,

Will

there should be 20+ cuts. with the higher compression ration, on the online pics you see a bit more, on the original, in photoshop i can only see a few.
it's not really a bursts, it waits for me yo turn to shoot the next one, but it happens pretty quickly. maybe 3 frames a second, the camera can burst at 10+.

Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Great work. Maybe you should try a cityscape next...

Mon May 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Louis, the photo is awesome. I need a camera that can take good closeups but these cameras today are incredible. Very nice shot and a city shot like that would be cool! -- Darwin

Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 pm

willross wrote:Great work. Maybe you should try a cityscape next...

will do. i am actually thinking of getting the gigapan robotic camera mount to take panoramic pictures that have 1000's of images and are several gigapixels. have you used those?

Mon May 21, 2012 8:14 am

tmi ~ my first trip to the MD renfest was the day i lost my virginity.

but i guess that's not what this thread is about anymore, huh?! lol...

Mon May 21, 2012 2:27 pm

jking wrote:tmi ~ my first trip to the MD renfest was the day i lost my virginity.

but i guess that's not what this thread is about anymore, huh?! lol...

that is certainly not difficult at the ren fair. lots of good looking chicks, very willing.

Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
willross wrote:Great work. Maybe you should try a cityscape next...

will do. i am actually thinking of getting the gigapan robotic camera mount to take panoramic pictures that have 1000's of images and are several gigapixels. have you used those?

Be cool to have something like that in Northern BC where I work, the country is stellar. Nice photo dude!