Jeez, I hate plumbing

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I installed a new garbage disposal under the kitchen sink a couple days ago. Also cleaned up a few doo-dads that needed cleaning up. And broke a trap that had thinned with age. Everything is good now and nothing leaks, so I guess a success has been achieved.

But as I commented over at BbL, I found a few muscles that I'd forgotten about. Why the hell does plumbing have to be such a painful experience? Them plumbers earn their money.

Ken...

Re: Jeez, I hate plumbing

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Ken, this has been my exact experience too. It was always at least 3 trips to Home Depot to complete the job plus laying under the sink at our age is no fun and the additional trips add to the crawling under the sink and out again. -- Darwin

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Yep, did that once about 20 years ago. I don't think my body can even bend like that anymore today.

Kit

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Here's a gal who loves her plumbing!

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_ ... -addiction

I was going to post this under "What the Heck" and then I saw your post and figured "What the Hell?"

How is your recovery going, Ken? - ed

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Here's a gal who loves her plumbing!

Damn! I've got a kinda twisted thing going on..... but DAYUM!

How is your recovery going, Ken? - ed

The plumbing job was no sweat for the thumb. The rest of em? Well, I may be getting too old for that under the sink crap.

On a TOTALLY unrelated note, I've been listening to Bluegrass lately (Steep Canyon rangers) and it's pretty cool. Even at its most raucous, it's peaceful and relaxing. And right now I've got this NPR thing going with a Bela Fleck / Edgar Myer concert.

Ken...

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Cool! - ed