half time show.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:04 pm

the morons on tdpri think that some of it was not lip-synced. idiots. i swear the room temperature is higher than the average iq level over there.

Re: half time show.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Like a prayer...

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:03 pm

louis cyfer wrote:the morons on tdpri think that some of it was not lip-synced. idiots. i swear the room temperature is higher than the average iq level over there.

Must be because they got all confused when Mrs Ciccone changed from a headset mike to an honest to got hand held :happy0007: But c'mon guys, papa don't preach :lol:

Enjoyed the game though.

- Jos

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 am

I caught the half time show. Madonna is "too old for this sh*t"

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:08 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:the morons on tdpri think that some of it was not lip-synced. idiots. i swear the room temperature is higher than the average iq level over there.

Must be because they got all confused when Mrs Ciccone changed from a headset mike to an honest to got hand held :happy0007: But c'mon guys, papa don't preach :lol:

Enjoyed the game though.

- Jos

yeah, but she still forgot to bring the mic to her mouth at a close up later.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am

That's funny! My wife asked at one point if she was lip-syncing. I hadn't really paid that close attention, was more taking in the spectacle as a whole, which is what Madonna is all about...and really the whole half-time show itself anymore. And since it is mostly spectacle, I could really care less if they lip-sync or not. To be honest I almost expect it anymore, especially from pop acts!

Now, if I paid to see a concert, my expectations would be a little higher!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

A few years ago I read that they require everyone to lip-synch for the Super Bowl as a safety precaution.

I guess the risk of the CD player not operating properly is less than the performer not operating properly.

Paul McCartney performed live without the assistance of a soundtrack though.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:Paul McCartney performed live without the assistance of a soundtrack though.

But he's a "Sir", so they know he would never use the F-word while the microphone is on air. :D

[youtube]3x5Mqges1Zg[/youtube]

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Miles Smiles wrote:
Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:Paul McCartney performed live without the assistance of a soundtrack though.

But he's a "Sir", so they know he would never use the F-word while the microphone is on air. :D

I was not aware of Peter Serafinowicz. He does pretty well with those impressions...............just enough and somehow he resembles all of them except maybe George who you don't really see much of.

For a short bit that must have taken more work and money than people realize. The wigs are perfect.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:.

A few years ago I read that they require everyone to lip-synch for the Super Bowl as a safety precaution.

I guess the risk of the CD player not operating properly is less than the performer not operating properly.

that was incorrect, just a misunderstanding. after the janet jackson problem, they stopped "live" performances, meaning a 7 second delay was instituted to be able to deal with unexpected situations. some people read this as "no live" performing means lip sync is required.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 pm

louis cyfer wrote:

that was incorrect, just a misunderstanding. after the janet jackson problem, they stopped "live" performances, meaning a 7 second delay was instituted to be able to deal with unexpected situations. some people read this as "no live" performing means lip sync is required.

You are referring to a separate story.

The policy predates that incident.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:

You are referring to a separate story.

The policy predates that incident.

i guess the few years part confused me.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 pm

louis cyfer wrote:[i guess the few years part confused me.

I understand. When I first said "a few years ago" I was referring to when I had read the article but the content of the article described a history going back many years.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:[i guess the few years part confused me.

I understand. When I first said "a few years ago" I was referring to when I had read the article but the content of the article described a history going back many years.

i get it now. i know many artists did live shows though, but at one point i am sure the logistics were difficult, before fully automated boards, to get a setup in that fast and have it sound good.