Tebow Time

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm

WOW! What a game!

Re: Tebow Time

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:00 am

tebow annoys me to no end. if someone doesn't knock him out soon, he's gonna run football.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:56 am

louis cyfer wrote:tebow annoys me to no end. if someone doesn't knock him out soon, he's gonna run football.

Must be a Steelers fan. LOL

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 am

StratsRock wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:tebow annoys me to no end. if someone doesn't knock him out soon, he's gonna run football.

Must be a Steelers fan. LOL

no. not even. not a raiderrs fan either, but it broke my heart that they lost to the chargers. i used to like denver before tebow.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm right there with you, Louis. I've had it with all of the media hype about him, but as long as his fans eat it up the press will dish it out.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

KenC wrote:I'm right there with you, Louis. I've had it with all of the media hype about him, but as long as his fans eat it up the press will dish it out.

There should be a different name used to refer to "the press" in its current form. These days its function is more of a stirring up of sh!t than reporter of news.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 am

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:
KenC wrote:I'm right there with you, Louis. I've had it with all of the media hype about him, but as long as his fans eat it up the press will dish it out.

There should be a different name used to refer to "the press" in its current form. These days its function is more of a stirring up of sh!t than reporter of news.

indeed. they are no longer the fourth estate. they don't report, they try to make news, and give opinions. not exactly what journalism is supposed to be about.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:15 am

Geez.... Sorry I brought it up! I just said it was a good game!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:06 am

I'm a little late to the party but hells yeah that was a good game!
The thing I like about Tebow is that he is exciting to watch. He'll have a couple of bonehead plays followed by some fantastic plays.

I think we can all pretty much agree that the press in general sucks.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 am

repoman wrote:I'm a little late to the party but hells yeah that was a good game!

Heck yeah. Much better than that dud of a BCS Championship Game yesterday. What a disappointment! I rather would have like to see 'Bama play the Ducks for that matter. Even the game my Huskies lost against Baylor had a way higher entertainment value than yesterdays abomination.

- Jos

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
repoman wrote:I'm a little late to the party but hells yeah that was a good game!

Heck yeah. Much better than that dud of a BCS Championship Game yesterday. What a disappointment! I rather would have like to see 'Bama play the Ducks for that matter. Even the game my Huskies lost against Baylor had a way higher entertainment value than yesterdays abomination.

- Jos

indeed. but we already knew that after first game what was gonna happen.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 pm

StratsRock wrote:Geez.... Sorry I brought it up! I just said it was a good game!

Okay so now instead of comments on the current state of journalism the topic is going in the direction of games that sucked compared to how Tebow plays.

Are you happier with that?

I guess in future threads you could try including rules that apply to your threads or you could just accept that you have no control over a thread simply because you start one.

;)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 pm

StratsRock wrote:Geez.... Sorry I brought it up! I just said it was a good game!

Okay so now instead of comments on the current state of journalism the topic is going in the direction of games that sucked compared to how Tebow plays.

I guess in future threads you could try including rules that apply to your threads or you could just accept that you have no control over a thread simply because you start one.

;)

WOW... friendly forum member.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 pm

StratsRock wrote:

;)

WOW... friendly forum member.

Really? "Wow" Are you some 10 year old kid or something, using the enlarged text? Lighten up!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 am

Wow this took a dark twisty turn.

Does football really matter this much on a guitar forum?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:05 am

guys, chill. obviously it is a misunderstanding. remember we have absolutely no reason to hurt eachother's feelings, so if something comes off as snide, or unfriendly, give the benefit of doubt, it is a misunderstanding. don't take it wrong, even if it may be construed that way, it was probably not meant that way.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:03 pm

StratsRock,

I accept your apology.

Michael :happy0007:

...it was just a fun poke at the situation... :)

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:10 pm

As we like to say in my neck of the woods --- GO PATS!!!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:52 am

tebow time has met its inevitable conclusion. the lowest completion percentage in 30 years.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:40 am

But he may have set a record for sacks-to-completions ratio, if anybody keeps track of that. I think it was around halftime before he finally had as many completions as sacks.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote: There should be a different name used to refer to "the press" in its current form. These days its function is more of a stirring up of sh!t than reporter of news.

Agreed, much more interested in pushing people's buttons that straight reporting. The volume of reporting on "the Tebow" was ridiculous and the quality of dialogue was abysmal. Hollywood has taken over journalism. :sick: