Something Strange......

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 pm

For the wife's birthday, the wife and I went to dinner with good friends who we have shared similar birthdays with. The wives are a day apart and the men are a couple of days apart. Kind of a fancy place (touristy place) here, had some laughs, good food and great conversations. A little while after dinner I had a bit too much diet soda to wait for the 45min drive home so I head to the men's room. As I'm standing there an older gentleman stood next to me and after a few seconds started to sing "Summertime and the livin' is easy. Mmmm mm mmm mmm and the mm mm is mmmm. (whistling) mm mm mm da da daa".

I would like to go on the record by saying I never made eye contact as this guy was singing and occasionally looking at me throught the obscured glass that separated us.

Not sure what I experienced, maybe a drunk standing next to me. Or maybe this is the new "Foot Tapping" signal, either way......it was strange.

Re: Something Strange......

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Foot tapping signal as in the same as that politician a while back playing footsies with an undercover cop between the bathroom stalls?

More than a nod of "hey you're alive too" gets uncomfortable fast in a restroom.

Strange restaurant bathroom experiences: In a relatively fancy restaurant with a bar I used the facilities and washed my hands. With two urinals and one pot a line could form intermittently. I grabbed a paper towel from the dispenser which was the type that was flush with the wall. I noticed a man kind of leaning on the wall next to the dispenser. He did not make eye contact as I grabbed the towels but turned away and walked out the door. I then realized I had grabbed paper towels from a dispenser spayed with the strawberry margarita he had just vomited up.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 am

No real strange using a public bathroom stories but I used to do janitorial work cleaning one of the larger malls downtown for a few years and I ran into more than a few weird situations that way including a Ricky Ricardo lookalike type who flirted at me in the most awkward manner imaginable while I was doing my cleaning rounds, luckily I had a call on my radio and managed to escape him without any further weirdness.

Plus it is a weirdly high number of people who use their cellphones to place calls while they are at a public urinal.

I could tell you more but they kind of get a little low brow if you get my meaning.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

The whole cell phone while you're going thing boggles the mind. Just hang up and pee!! I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want to drop it on the floor or worse....

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Sean Clavin wrote:The whole cell phone while you're going thing boggles the mind. Just hang up and pee!! I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want to drop it on the floor or worse....

i never get of the phone just because i am using the toilet. headset though.