ZOMBIES!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm

I love the UK mini series "Dead Set". Has anyone seen this? I think it has one of the best Zombie kills of all time in it. Also, I love the foreign (to the USA) Zombie movies like "The Horde" and "Dead Snow". There's just something I dig about Zombies!

Re: ZOMBIES!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

I thought the Robert Rodriguez contribution to Tarantino's matinee double feature Grindhouse, Planet Terror, was great...............a zombie farce. (I did not like Tarantino's Death Proof.)

Last edited by Michael-GnL-Michael on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 pm

I love Zombie movies if done well (*cough* early Romero cough*) and dead snow is a real hoot of a movie but what really surprised me was the Walking Dead, I saw it was on netflix and did a 6 episode marathon before catching the first episode of season 2.

I really like the classic slow zombie approach compared to fast zombies because with fast zombies its all about adrenaline and with slow zombies it is all about being complete isolated and surrounded like there is no escape.

Also I loved death proof but I am a bit of a Tarantino fan and really enjoyed the whole presentation.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Ahryn wrote:...I loved death proof but I am a bit of a Tarantino fan and really enjoyed the whole presentation....

I am quite a Tarantino fan as well. While Inglourious Basterds and Pulp Fiction have some of the tightest dialog ever written and performed for film Death Proof has some of the worst. Aside from Rosario Dawson, the non-stop cackling hens in the cast made Kurt Russell's acting look like that of Lawrence Olivier's. Tarantino can knock it out of the ballpark but he can also strike out.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 pm

I must say the dialogue for the women were more Gilmore girls than Reservoir dogs but it made sense for the particular characters IMHO and in a way it explores the horrible dialogue of some original grindhouse films.

that being said I thought Zoe Bell did a fine job considering it was one of her first "acting" jobs.

But on the topic at hand, in Zombie movies should the cause ever be discussed or even revealed?

Personally I think the ambiguity adds to the suspense.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Zombie movies are good fun. Today in Melbourne will be the 2011 Zombie shuffle - an annual event that attracts a LOT of people dressed up as Zombies walking through the city. They chant too - "What do we want? BRAINS!!! When do we want it? BRAINS!!!"

The best thing about Deathproof is the soundtrack - it's awesome.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:56 pm

I've seen Death Proof, haven't seen Planet Terror.....not sure why.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 am

deathproof had one of the best looking girls ever in it. the curly haired mixed girl, she was really hot. don't know her name.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Tracie Thoms?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1139632/

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:Image

Tracie Thoms?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1139632/

no. long curly hair. earlier in the movie

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:36 pm

this girl

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Not seeing a link just the word "image"

I suspect you must mean Sidney Poitier's daughter on the left? Sydney Tamiia Poitier

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:Not seeing a link just the word "image"

I suspect you must mean Sidney Poitier's daughter on the left? Sydney Tamiia Poitier

that is the one. she never looked that good again, but in that movie she was perfect.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am

what really surprised me was the Walking Dead, I saw it was on netflix and did a 6 episode marathon before catching the first episode of season 2.

Yes! just did the same thing last weekend, great series.

I'm going to have to check out Dead Set as well.

I can be a bit dorky when it comes to this stuff, but does anyone else have a friend/friends they discuss zombie apocalypse survival plans with? Hey, it could happen, gotta have a plan if you're going to survive :BangBang:

-Dave

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Dave_P wrote:
I can be a bit dorky when it comes to this stuff, but does anyone else have a friend/friends they discuss zombie apocalypse survival plans with? Hey, it could happen, gotta have a plan if you're going to survive :BangBang:

-Dave

One of my best "remotes too far to change channel" moments was watching Zombieland. Pleasantly surprised. Woody is so good in that. Got to follow the survival list. :BangBang: :sick:

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Dave_P wrote:does anyone else have a friend/friends they discuss zombie apocalypse survival plans with? Hey, it could happen, gotta have a plan if you're going to survive :BangBang:

-Dave

Post-apocalypse would probably be something more like this: The Road

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:14 am

Dave_P wrote:
what really surprised me was the Walking Dead, I saw it was on netflix and did a 6 episode marathon before catching the first episode of season 2.

Yes! just did the same thing last weekend, great series.

I'm going to have to check out Dead Set as well.

-Dave

There is a gun club here in the Ozarks that shoots a "Zombie" scenario. I must join and prepare!!