It's Thursday, so What the Heck?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:00 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44543191/ns/us_news-weird_news/

There is a single line in this article that makes me laugh out loud. Free pack of guitar strings to the first one who finds it.

Enjoy and good luck! - ed

Re: It's Thursday, so What the Heck?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:55 pm

'In that instance, a woman reported that a man, claiming to be a massage therapist, complimented her feet in a Wal-Mart store'.

There's so much banal imagery going on in that sentence that my brain can hardly handle it. The whole article could be a Coen brothers film.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Great line, but nope!

Note: Didn't say you couldn't try again (although with the cost of shipping to your part of the world, I'm sort of hoping that someone in the CONUS
gets it first! ;+) - ed

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:16 pm

"There's nothing illegal about a little foot fetish"

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Will -

I love you, man.

But I don't find that line funny in the least. Sorry! ;+) - ed

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:48 pm

...and that "her toes are so long and succulent"...

That's as opposed to my toes, which are, frankly, neither long nor succulent.

Ken...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:04 pm

All right, haven't you ever sucked toes???????-- Darwin

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Nor are fungus-free, (not) coincidentally! ;+)

Best of luck on the operation tomorrow.

You may yet kick some ass yet again! - ed (I was replying to Ken but Darwin posted before I hit send) - my edit.

Darwin: I'd feel better if you'd buy me a couple of drinks before the tellin'. Anyway, anything that works for HER is okay by me! - ed

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 pm

the "Toe Suck Fairy" kept Arkansans captivated with his foot fondling antics for $100, please....

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:17 am

Nope, not the one I was thinking of, but it IS very funny! - ed

Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:16 am

Police have received two complaints in the past week about a man who seems desperate to suck women's toes — whether they want him to or not.[/b]

either that or the fact the women included that the guy had messed up toes in her police report :lol:

Man I laughed at so many parts of this article.... wait I have a friend that lives in Little Rock :think:

thanks for the laugh ed!

-Dave

Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 pm

No clue on what made you laugh Ed, damned weirdo n though.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Dave - You're the winner. The woman's observation about this guys toes. I don't know whether it struck me as funny more as a possible explanation of the perp's proclivities, or because, well, who the hell looks at the someone's feet while being strangely assaulted. Regardless, that's what made ME laugh. Send me a PM with your land addy and string gauge preference. Good Friday indeed! - ed

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Sweet! You know that was my first guess and I went back and edited my post because I wasn't sure if anyone else would find that funny, glad to see we're on the same page :lol: PM sent!

Thanks ed!

-Dave

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

Weighing in a few days late here. When I worked at CDC we did a field investigation in Conway Arkansas. It's a bleak place in a dry county. The next town over is actually named "Toad Suck". Yep, Toad Suck, Arkansas. There are a lot of theories about where the name came from. Not sure whether it's relevant to this discussion, but it does sound a lot like "toe suck". One of the other neighboring towns is named Pickle Gap.

For any country music fans on the board, this town (Conway, not Toad Suck or Pickle Gap) is where Conway Twitty took his name from...

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:14 pm

"Toad Suck?" Ha, I just peed myself a little! I think you may be onto something here...

Now, "Pickle Gap" - ain't goin' there. Not gonna touch that one, lol!

Thank YOU Ken for making me laugh today! - ed