Anyone else get an emergency email from Tim Wood

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Haven't been around in a bit but got home to an email from Tim Wood about being stuck in London with his family after being mugged. Anyone else get this or know what's going on?

Reilly

Re: Anyone else get an emergency email from Tim Wood

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 pm

What this means is that Tim's email has been hacked and probably everyone in his address book has gotten this message.

Check it out: http://www.google.com/search?q=email+sc ... age=1&rlz=

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 pm

I recently had the same message from someone that I knew and their computer was hacked and their address book was gone.-- Darwin

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:08 pm

We got that e-mail from a client whose hotmail had been hacked a couple of years ago. Except, here's the rub. He was actually in London at the time, so we were wondering why he was e-mailing us and not his family. Was he embarrassed? Had he not wanted them to know that he was in England? I ran into the fellow a few days ago and asked him if anybody he knew had conned. Fortunately, nobody had taken the bait. What a coincidence to see it referenced here.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:19 am

That is what I figured. They just emailed me again so I asked a few questions that should be interesting to see how they know me. The actual Tim is a nice guy so if anyone has a different way to contact him, I don't, try and alert him.

Reilly