Ebay trouble for new/old account...

Fri May 13, 2011 9:55 am

Howdy yall! I've had the Ebay account: http://myworld.ebay.com/palaia-auctions/ for a few years now. Haven't sold or bought anything so far. Now, I'd like to sell some incredible things, but have a "0" rating and no history.

I'm assuming no one will buy from me without a good rating and lots of products sold. So, how can I pump this up? I just don't want to waste my time if there is no trust or interest... Ideas?

Cheers,

Will

Re: Ebay trouble for new/old account...

Fri May 13, 2011 10:07 am

Buy a few cheap things like laser pointers and get at least a few positives before selling. Otherwise you'll get about 25% or more less that what you want.

Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks, Will. I have some memorabilia from past tours that I'd like to pass along to fans. The Police, Grateful Dead, Black Crowes, Thomas Dolby, Yes, and a few others. Some of the items I received from The Police include Sting's t-shirt from his Synchronicity tour in 1984! He wore it...

Cheers,

Will

Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm

He wore it eh? ewwwwww.

You toured with all those guys or acquired it while watching them tour? Either way some really cool names there.

Fri May 13, 2011 1:07 pm

sirmyghin wrote:He wore it eh? ewwwwww.

You toured with all those guys or acquired it while watching them tour? Either way some really cool names there.

No, the shirt is a big deal to a heavy fan. It was from the last time he performed w/ The Police in Minneapolis. I'm still tossing around the idea of selling this stuff. Maybe not. I'll be meeting up with him in mid-June, so holding off until July or so. I also figured it would take that long to bring my Ebay account to where it needs to be.

The combination is from work and play. If anything sells, the monies will go toward a recording project in Hawaii...

Cheers,

Will

Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 pm

recording project in Hawaii...

Yeah, right Will. ;)

Likely story...... :)

Fri May 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah, I am. I'm bringing my family as well. It's also expensive and I'm not too sentimental. Maybe we'll go up in the Rapture instead...

Cheers,

Will

Fri May 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Oh, that includes a new G&L!

Fri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm

BTW, I did believe you! Just pulling your leg, or yanking your chain, or whatever the expression is over there.

The thought of working in Hawaii appealed to my sense of irony. :D

Sat May 14, 2011 7:07 am

I knew. I'm going for a slack key project. Never visited before either; my wife has been there once. Spend money to make money, right?

Cheers,

Will

Sat May 14, 2011 10:20 am

willross wrote:
sirmyghin wrote:He wore it eh? ewwwwww.

No, the shirt is a big deal to a heavy fan. It was from the last time he performed w/ The Police in Minneapolis.

Gotcha, I don't really understand memorabilia, unless I acquired it personally. I feel some sort of attachment just can't be built around it otherwise, and I tyr to keep my 'collections' practical.

Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm

You may be right. The stuff just added up over my "career"...

Cheers,

Will

Sat May 14, 2011 6:04 pm

willross wrote:You may be right. The stuff just added up over my "career"...

Cheers,

Will

I am not sure 'right' can happen in this situation. I probably take this to a fault. Good luck with the sales if you go that route.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Will