New Kensington Rune Stone Web Site

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:08 am

This is just to let you know that our new KRS Web Site is up and running. Since its discovery in 1898, the Kensington Runes Stone has had an impact on our family and for those of you who are interested in history, I recommend that you review this Web Site. It also contains some new results on an imaging study that we performed about a month ago. Hope you enjoy. Thanks--- Darwin Ohman

http://www.kensingtonrunestone.us

Re: New Kensington Rune Stone Web Site

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you, for sharing the link Darwin!

Sprinter 92

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 pm

I didn't know anything about this at all until stumbling upon this thread. Other than the web site you reference, interested, I also plowed through the wikipedia article. Interesting stuff.

How has this mystery impacted you and yours, Darwin (if I may ask)?

Also, this whole thing makes me wonder what else might be buried out there, not fortuitously discovered between the roots of a relatively young tree during the clearing of some vast field.... - ed

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 pm

That is very interesting, Darwin - I ended up reading almost the entire website. If that stone is as old as they say then there's going to be a whole bunch of history books that need to be re-written.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:47 am

Sprinter, Ed, and Jamie. yes, this has had a tremendous impact on our family. The Ohman family section on the web site covers that pretty well. It wasn't until 2004 that the leading linguist in Sweden publicly apologized to me on behalf of our family and said that my grandfather couldn't have carved this inscription. Now it is a question of who and why and we have a good idea of both. The scholars have proclaimed things based on lack of knowledge rather than on evidence. They have been wrong over and over and some continue on the same course today. Yes, history will be rewritten and there are other artifacts in the US that are tied to the KRS.--Darwin

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks Darwin, I had no idea about the KRS. Like Ed, I plowed through your site as well as wikipedia, and watched the short video on it. Very interesting stuff, I'm siding with you and your family, I think it's the real deal.

-Dave

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Dave, thank you for checking in. It is an interesting artifact. There is a new post under News And Articles on the home page for those of you who are following, and is a must read. It really gets to the heart of why there are problems.-- Darwin.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:35 am

Read this in the middle of the night last night, when I couldn't sleep. I am glad to see you are doing something when not getting the wing ready for spring, trading guitars, playing guitars, changing bridges....

It is very interesting, the 'experts' can have an axe to grind? Be wrong? Unheard of! </sarcasm>

How did that rock get there, in the late 1300's, that's the part I want to get to!

jeremy

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:16 pm

SBNT, you ask a great question about the origin of the stone. It is a Meta Greywacke which originally came down from the iron range in Northern Minnesota. This would have happened by the glaciers 10,000 to 15,000 years ago. The stone was probably found and carved where it was found in 1898. There is another new section on http://www.kensingtonrunestone.us today. It is the geology of the stone. Check it out and it will answer your questions. Thanks--Darwin

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:34 pm

I have been aware of the KRS for several (many?) years. It is of particular interest to me, hailing as I do from MN and having been reared on old copies of Fate Magazine (anyone old enough to remember those?). What a small world, that someone here on G&LDP would be involved with the KRS. Truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for the link!

Fri May 20, 2011 3:54 pm

For those of you who are interested there is more activity on the KRS. I posted an article today which is addressing the head Runoligist in the world, Henrik Williams. This will give you a flavor for what has been happening for the last 113 years with academics. Here is the link to the article, "Taking a Stand".-- Darwin :fighting0030: http://kensingtonrunestone.us/html/articles_.html

Wed May 25, 2011 11:32 am

Sorry to read things like that are still taking place around the KRS and your family even after all these years. It makes you wonder what the heck happened for someone switch sides so suddenly like that. Keep fighting the good fight Darwin :fighting0030:

-Dave

Thu May 26, 2011 10:36 am

Dave, I have been missing as such and yes, it is due to the KRS. Sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks for you comments and yes, I am keeping up whatever it is!-- Darwin

Stay tuned as there is more coming soon. By the way, an important historic tower is right in your back yard and the Newport Tower could very well have a connection to the same people involved with the KRS.