Thoughts And Prayers To A G&L Brother, Yamato Nobutomo

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Thoughts and prayers for our G&L brother, Yamato, who lives in the city of Hachinohe in Northern Japan. Hachinohe is in the area of the earthquake devastation. Yamato has shared his knowledge of G&L's through the years and has been a long time participant. We sincerely hope that Yamato and his family are safe and unharmed and that all the cities and people of Japan recover completely from the earthquake.

Re: Thoughts And Prayers To A G&L Brother, Yamato Nobutomo

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm

I want to join Frank in his thought and prayers for Yamato. My first and foremost hope is that Yamato and his family are safe and sound and that all damage if any is only material. My second hope is that his extensive and unique collection of Leo era G&L's, as well other parts of his collection, has not been ruined by this ordeal. This would be of similar magnitude as the Nashville flooding in terms of the number of unique instruments lost.

- Jos

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Hopefully Yamato is alright, I will add him to my prayers.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:45 pm

The first person I thought of when all heck broke loose was Yamato. A nice man, a teacher and a frequent contributor to this post back in the day. His collection of G & L's is wonderfull and has to be in the top tier worldwide. Remember his photo of rare G & L's lined up on his stairway. If the top one would have fallen the rest would have come down like dominoes. That was a risky set up for a cool picture. He certainly had a fun side. I hope all is well with him and his family. If I recall correctly he has a wife and two children.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 pm

I, too, hope he and his family are all safe. He has been missed for a long time.
We have not heard from him on the G&LDP since 2006.