GbL 'Idiot of the Year' goes to.....

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 am

Me, Jamie, blargfromouterspace.

Here's why:

Tonight I had a rehearsal at the other guitarists house, half an hour away from me. So, I pack my stuff and take it out to the car, unlock the car, get in and drive off Leaving my custom Bluesboy and amp ON THE ROAD out the front of my house :shocked003: :shocked003:

I got 20 minutes away before I realised what I'd done and turned around abruptly in a cloud of tyre smoke and beeping horns and raced back home to find both amp and guitar not there. As you'd expect really.

BUT

Luckily for me my neighbors from a few doors down, who I haven't met, saw them sitting on the road and left me a note telling me they'd found the stuff on the road and had it at their place to keep it from being stolen. I couldn't believe my luck! Thank Goodness for good people!

Tomorrow I'm making them the biggest 'Thank you' hamper in the world. I'm sure that if this happens again then I won't be so lucky. I've never done anything so stupid before, and I've only ever lost one music thing before, and that was a rusted up old amp stand. I blame the three hour networking protocol lecture I was at for numbing my brain and bringing on this bout of the stupids.

Re: GbL 'Idiot of the Year' goes to.....

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:42 am

Oops. Shows you once more that a good neighbor is priceless. Happy you still all got your stuff. Would have been a hard sell to your insurance agent when it ould have been picked up by anybody else.

- Jos

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:45 am

Good for you Jamie! :happy0065:

Just shows there are honest and thoughtful folks out there. Bet yer heart was pounding all the way back. Now go put that Bluesboy and amp in the proper place. :P

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 am

Those Networking protocol lectures will leave you numb in the brain. I fully understand.

I hope a thank you "hamper" is a good thing. We associate the word "Hamper' with laundry in the USA. LOL

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:23 am

Close call there Jamie! Glad to hear everything worked out ok :mrgreen:

-Dave

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks gents.

Sam - You're right about the heart pounding, I needed a few beers to calm back down after that trip!

Bassman - A hamper is a good thing here. Definitely not going over there with my dirty undies

Exhibit A: A Hamper.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Ah, a basket!

Funny, but baskets are associated with laundry here as well.

Thanks for sharing that story, Blarg. Very glad it ended well. What a way to meet a neighbor! Thank god for good folks. - ed

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Wow, you are a lucky man, indeed! I would have suffered from near heart failure!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Wow Blarg, you are a lucky dude. The good thing about mistakes like this is you only make them once.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm

sirmyghin wrote:Wow Blarg, you are a lucky dude. The good thing about mistakes like this is you only make them once.

I hope so.... I've got a sticker on my steering wheel now to remind me, just in case. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:31 am

I sure hope you counted your blessings, you are one lucky man. That story was priceless. If that would have happened to me, I'd still be drinkin' lol's

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 am

Late to the party here, but this story reminds me of a time back in the mid 70s when I left a pair of Gibson Les Paul Standard guitars by the back door of a club we had played at one night. It was dark outside (no lights) and very late, so we made the assumption everything was loaded so off we went on our journey home. Well, 2 1/2 hours later when we arrived home, I realized I didn't have my Les Pauls. So, I quickly got into my car and drove all the way back to the club. By the time I got to the club the sun had already come up, but fortunately for me, the guitars were still sitting there. Whew!!! Talk about an easy grab!