Any Campers out there?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Hey all,

I usually try and go camping about four times a year. I love getting into the outdoors and out of the city and find it is just about as good as any vacation. So, are there any other campers out there?

Joshua Tree late last year:

Lates,

Connor

Re: Any Campers out there?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 pm

I loved to camp, but times haven't been to kind as of late. I had to sell my suburban and pop up camper. I was so mad about it I gave them all my camping gear too.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 pm

I usually do 1 family car-camping trip in the summer and a couple of short hiking trips sans family each year. Most of my hiking is on the Appalachian Trail or side trails. This past fall I did a weekend hike to Providence Canyon in south GA for a change of pace.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:42 pm

I used to camp a lot in my teens. Camping and Canoeing.

Now, I guess I'm just spoilt! And my wife??? Fuhgetaboutit!!!!

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I know camping isn't for everybody, but I can't help but enjoy it after growing up in the sticks and now living in the big city.

Lates,

Connor

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 pm

We camp a dozen times a year or so.Some nice spots here in Mendocino County to camp, and we do longer trips at least once a year.Having a trailer makes it much more middle age friendly if ya know what I mean!

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:45 pm

We started out in the early 70's with an eight by ten Sears & Roebuck cabin tent. Our kids never stayed in a motel until they were adults. Now that they're grown and on their own, and arthritis has changed our feelings about sleeping on the ground, we have a small motorhome. We used to take the grandkids to the coast for a week every summer and had a blast. The most fun has been when just the two of us have taken off on our own. We've been all over the western US. Great fun! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jeff

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 am

Our family loves to camp. We get out about three or four times a summer. Mostly east of the mountains in the desert in Sun Lakes area. We SCUBA dive the lakes, fish, cliff dive, Jet Ski. We worship the sun and don't see enough of it living in Washington State.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Heres my theory on camping..... I have a house.. Why do I want to pretend I don't have a house. :D :D

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Slick wrote:Heres my theory on camping..... I have a house.. Why do I want to pretend I don't have a house. :D :D

:think: :P :lol:

Truly, that is a pretty funny line.

I like to camp. I hadn't done a lot of it during my married years, but am getting back into it. I went camping last November at a place called Jalama Beach Park. It's a beautiful beach campground in Santa Barbara County that's on one of the most pristine sections of California coastline. When I used to camp there in the seventies, they only had outdoor cold showers. It was more rustic. Today they have coin operated hot showers, and the camp store makes some of the best burgers West of the Mississippi. When you get a beach camp spot (only about 10 of those), it's a great setup.

I'm considering a camp trip to Baja next month but do have some concerns about the criminal element that you can run into, especially near the border. It's just that there's some of the best windsurfing/surfing to be had down there. It could happen. Now that's very rustic camping. No showers, etc. Being the upwind camper is a plus. It's hours from the main highway so you really want to utilize a checklist.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 pm

BTW: I don't know how to spell. :signs009: