Sick Friend Update

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi gang!

Some of you might remember my Lunch Reports for a few weeks ago, writing about my best friend Tracy in Seattle, and I thought you might like an update. He had gastric bypass surgery, and they didn't get him hooked back up properly. He wound back in the hospital with a massive total-body infection. His kidneys shut down; his lungs filled with fluid. He had to have two more surgeries, and went into cardiac arrest. Fortunately, they were able to get him back.

After more than a month in ICU, he is improved. They got him off the ventilator about a week ago, and he is out of the ICU. They transferred him back to UW Hospital, and he is much improved. I actually got to talk to him on the phone Friday morning. He is still very weak, and listed in serious condition. His kidneys are still shut down and he still needs daily dialysis. I doubt he'll be out of the hospital or convalescent care for at least another month.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Keep them coming, I'm hopeful he can make a full recovery.

It has been a terrible ordeal for Tracy and his family, but it is a true testament to the power of prayer. Thanks again.

Bill

Re: Sick Friend Update

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey, you got it. He's in my prayers. Prayers and kind gestures do help. They got my family through when our son died and with our severely disabled daughter.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 am

good to hear things are looking up, hopefully it keeps coming.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 am

I hope you continue to get good news. Thanks for the update.

Kit

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Wow Bill! My wife had the gastric sleeve done a little more than 2 years ago. (It's the first 1/2 of the bypass). She ended up back in the hospital for a small leak she developed - I can't imagine what your friend is going through. My prayers go out to him and his families.

Videoguy

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks for the update Bill, sorry to hear about the complications. Prayers and thoughts still coming.