Come see the Comedy Capers in Seattle ...

Thu May 31, 2018 7:36 pm

This really happened yesterday in practically my backyard: http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2018/05/30/a-gun-a-machete-and-a-stolen-guitar/. As the great Dave Niehaus, the dearly missed Mariners play-by-play guy, would have said: My, Oh, My ...

- Jos

Re: Come see the Comedy Capers in Seattle ...

Thu May 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Jos,

You know how those guitar players can be sometimes! :evilgrin:

Would love to find out what kind of guitar caused the great chase. :?:

Thu May 31, 2018 10:00 pm

sam wrote:Jos,

You know how those guitar players can be sometimes! :evilgrin:

Would love to find out what kind of guitar caused the great chase. :?:

Well, what can you buy at GC for $1,600? Not a PRS. :D I think they went for a Gibson thinking the value would go up after they finalize Chapter 11. Or would that be too sophisticated? :D

- Jos

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:43 am

http://komonews.com/news/local/gallery/3-arrested-after-bizarre-robbery-crash-on-mercer-street-during-rush-hour#photo-7

It looks like a D'angelico EX-SS to me

I've never played one before, but if they're so good that after stealing one with a friend, I'd smash my car into his, and come at him with a machete to get it - ... maybe I'll give one a try.

edit: There is a second guitar that a cop is taking a picture of in the last photo - but I can't make it out - the pickguard looks like a Yamaha, but the headstock looks too square on top - and the inlay suggests this might not be the plain Jane guitar it presents itself as?

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:45 am

This is the kind of story that usually comes out of Florida. Seriously what part of that story isn't messed up?

y2kc

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:01 pm

What's messed up is my daughter works one block away on Westlake, but she would typically be gone by 6pm, although not always. Other than the traffic, this is a very nice area with many Amazon business offices; but you can almost never get away from traffic in Seattle.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Just when I thought I'd heard everything, unbelievable.