Lunch Report : 2013-08-30

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Lunch:
Biscuits with turkey sausage and cheese.

G&L:
Once the G&Ls started hanging out at the house, the non-MFD basses were losing hard. I dropping an SB-1 MFD (P-Bass footprint) in one and it got to keep up. Glad that size exists.

Any MFD footprint size you'd like to see?

I'd like a Jazz Bass footprint MFD so I can drop it in the same bass the SB-1 MFD was added to.

Thanks!:
Thanks for listening to this week of short lunch reports. Have a great weekend.

Re: Lunch Report : 2013-08-30

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Brock wrote:Lunch:
Biscuits with turkey sausage and cheese.

I thought I heard the TV say :
"It's good to start the day with Velveeta"
I was sure we had finally reached the point of no return on the path to Idiocracy.

question: is 'Cheese Food' what you feed your cheese?

I guess it was a commercial for Belvita

Brock wrote:G&L:
Once the G&Ls started hanging out at the house, the non-MFD basses were losing hard. I dropping an SB-1 MFD (P-Bass footprint) in one and it got to keep up. Glad that size exists.

Any MFD footprint size you'd like to see?

How about some true lefty Z-coils ? I'd like to see an L-6000 Z pickup . That Z-coil mounted in a bucker ring was a pretty good idea. I wonder why that didn't take .

Brock wrote:
Thanks!:
Thanks for listening to this week of short lunch reports. Have a great weekend.

Brock and Roll !! :elguitar054:

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 am

Post very nicely written and it contains useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks a lot.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:15 am

There's one more mental leap that needs taking, to get not only lefty Z-coils but also the most balance-adjustable, ideal refinement of the Z-coil:
just split it completely, like a P-bass (would look more like a Mustang bass or electric XII hopefully).
Then you have one pickup for wound strings, and another for plain. Each completely adjustable for balance, both overall and also between its own 3 strings.
The perfection of a great idea that CLF couldn't ever put down.