Lunch Report - June 20, 2013

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:08 pm

It's almost dinner time in my part of the world and there's not LR posted yet, so here it goes:

Lunch: Raviolios. Yep, Chef Boyardee's finest. I only had five minutes between phone conferences, and the can was there in the pantry. I washed it down with a glass of diet ginger ale.

G&L topic: I just pulled the trigger today on a G&L I've been looking for since last summer. It's an L-1500 - swamp ash with maple board, and most likely a Clear Orange finish (it was listed as Honey). It should be here next week. I've let a lot of these pass me by over the past year, but this was the first one I found with a 1.5" nut. QUESTION: What G&L have you been watching and waiting for? How long has the wait been?

Non-G&L topic: While I was waiting for the bus out of DC yesterday afternoon, I saw a family on vacation walk by. They were obviously sightseeing and heading for their next museum. Every single one of them was either texting or talking on a cell as they walked. I guess that's family time, 2013-style... QUESTION: Do you engage in phone conversations or text when you are with a group?

More random G&L content: My '98 ASAT Classic -

I'm off to coach my seven year old son's rugby game. Chasing after a heard of second graders can be almost as exhausting (and fun) as playing the game was. Wish me luck!

Re: Lunch Report - June 20, 2013

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Was the L-1500 a new one, Ken?

I'm waiting eagerly for G&L to reissue the SC1, it'll come one day. I'm not interested in paying new prices for an old one.

When I see people texting and walking I feel like snatching their phones and throwing them in the bin. There have been two times in the last year or so that I've stopped people who are texting from walking into oncoming traffic.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Ken, I just had some leftover beef stew from Tuesday and it was terrific.

Sounds like you have found the perfect L-1500. That is a very nice Asat Classic you have shown us. I have also purchased a guitar in the last week. My L-2500 is gone and I will make a post tomorrow with pictures. Looking for guitars is a full time job. I am currently waiting on a G&L and it should be here in a month.I expect it to be special but we will see.

I do not text at all and am annoyed by people who talk loudly on a cell phone no matter where they. If I take a call, I will go outside the building or to a private area. Europeans are used to sitting next to other people and do not annoy each other. I understand why they think Americans are rude and loud. I think on the average that we are. -- Darwin

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 pm

your 98 Classic is just like mine !! ..... either you or I have good taste , or maybe both of us :)

G & L gas ..... I'm thinking here lately about a F100 Leo era , Leo was obviuosly passionate about the F100 and it looks like a G & L with dual humbuckers would be the next best fit in my current G & L family .... my "G & L family" , dang that sounds good just saying it ...lol

BBE G & L gas list .... somewhere sometime I will own a new Buck Owens ASAT

I rather not talk on the phone while on vaca unless it was really important

Eric

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 pm

6oz of rice, 1 4oz chicken breast, 2 eggs over easy 1 tbs lowfat parmesan cheese and hot sauce from sriracha, rice vinegar, seseme oil and soy sauce. 2x 6oz nonfat greek yogurts. about 65g protein, 55g carbs and 15g fat. i am shooting for 600-650 calories per meal. 6-7 meals a day.

the g&l i am waiting for does not exist yet. i talk and text all the time when i'm with a group.

ken, that asat classic looks to have some very low action.

fumble, either both of you have good taste, or neither.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 am

hey Coach Ken,
I love it when something you have been looking for comes your way. I oven baked 2 salmon fillets for lunch. I text and take certain phone calls in a group , I don't think it's rude.
yep,a late 1980's 2 tone Interceptor , someday I 'll own one .
thanks
Anthony

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:43 am

let's see, nothing grabbed me for lunch yesterday so I had a banana and an apple .
I always check the local craigslist for G&L's but I will be ordering a Fallout in the not too distant future.
I am like Darwin in that I will seek a private quiet space to take a phone call if possible. I mostly text though, I'm not much of a phone talker.
Louis, you must be pumping a lot of iron these days...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 am

Hi G&L er's!
have not posted here for a few but wanted to drop in and say hello!
Chef Boy Arde Ken?(I snuck into Five Guys for a small all the way plus bacon and cheese)
Sorry to hear that!
I use my phone for business and would take a call if in a group.
I would also excuse myself briefly and usually step away from the group to take call.
My kids are a different story.

Good to see GB&L is still a strong and healthy site!
Cheers all!