Emergency LR For Thursday, June 6

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Once again I stumble in (quite litterally) and find we need a LR and there's not much time. Alas, I'll give it a go, but with nothing in my head as I type this.

Lunch. Peanut butter and blackberry/strawberry preserves on store-bought honey-wheat bread. Jax cheese curls, banana, filtered water.

G&L Question: Anybody here try a Fallout yet? If so, what did you think? If not, what's your level of interest and why or why not? Personally, I love the body style and think that the configuration and appointments are compelling.

Non-G&L Fare: What is the lousiest job you have ever had and why? Tell us about it!

Thank you, and good evening! - ed

Re: Emergency LR For Thursday, June 6

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Alas, I'll give it a go, but with nothing in my head as I type this.

Ed, I can totally relate to that. Been a rough and tough day and the tank is empty. But a tomorrow should shape up as a great day so there is always hope!

I haven't tried the Fallout yet. I'm more waiting for my LE-2 than that I'm interested in the Fallout. As you know, my interest as well as my allegiance is with the ASAT. The body indeed is great, but I can satisfy my needs there with my SC-1 and SC-3. But who knows what may happen on my next visit to James ....

Lousiest job? I have always tried (and I think succeeded) in picking interesting jobs. But even if all my jobs are better than a grade B, there would still be a lousiest in the relative sense. In that case I have to say my job at Micro$oft in the months after they bought Atlas Solutions for a hefty $6.3 billion (yes, everybody can do their Austin Powers impression now). The level of incompetence and arrogance encountered especially in the management layers is unsurpassed in my experience so far.

Have a great evening and thanks for picking up the slack Ed.

- Jos

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:12 pm

I've not tried a Fallout, chances of seeing one in a shop around here are virtually zero. Three things put me off of it: the name, the ad campaign, both of which IMO, are kinda crap, and the pickup config doesn't appeal to me. My preference would be for a humbucker in the neck and the P90 at the bridge.

I've had several lousy jobs. For me, monotony in a job is unbearable. The one that takes the cake would have to be working in vineyards. Sometimes it was a brilliant job - outdoors, good air, nice scenery, Swedish back-packers, wine etc. Other times it was the most monotonous and uncomfortable thing I've done. Pruning rows of vines that you cant see the end of in the middle of winter when you have to stand outside in the rain, snow, hail, wind or whatever is coming down on you is as much fun as it sounds.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 pm

lousiest job for me had to be bouncing in strip clubs. all those girls and you can only take home 1 maybe 2 at the end of the night.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Tim, your story reminds of one a friend of mine told me. He's a BIG guy, like 350lbs not much of it muscle, who was working in the removal business. One day he got stuck in a corner moving a piano down a fire escape! Needless to say, he quit shortly afterwards.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Fallout: I'd give one a whirl, but I doubt I'll ever see a real one in the flesh. I like the look of them, and that's half the battle won with me. Yes, some people call me shallow. :roll:

Worst Job: When I was a student I spent a summer as a forest surveyor's assistant. Walking 10 km a day in steel capped boots, long trousers and long sleeved shirt in the Australian summer heat was not pleasant. And I was the sucker that had to make the trail with nothing more than my bare hands and a scythe like implement called a slash hook. I had blisters I'll never forget for the first 2 weeks until my school boy hands hardened up.

The path had to be dead straight too - taken from a compass bearing. I used to dread what I was going to find in the middle of my compass bearing. Rivers, snakes, cutting grass. Mainly snakes. Lot's of 'em. You never see Aussie snakes till you're right on 'em because they look like tree branches. I hate 'em. The surveyor I was working with accidentally trod on a tiger snake with his steel cap boots while heading into the bush for a pee. It got stuck on the spikes of his boots and he couldn't get it off. He yelled for my slash hook so he could kill the thing quickly. If he'd been bitten there's a good chance he'd be dead.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 am

zapcosongs wrote:G&L Question: Anybody here try a Fallout yet?

I have not had a chance to try a Fallout.

zapcosongs wrote:If not, what's your level of interest and why or why not?

I'm interested in trying a Fallout. The pickups in the Fallout are what attracts me to to it. The Fallout would be a better looking guitar if they left that fugly pickguard off of it.

zapcosongs wrote:Non-G&L Fare: What is the lousiest job you have ever had and why?

The worst job I've had was working at a Ford dealership.

zapcosongs wrote: Tell us about it!

Ford, cars are poorly designed and difficult to work on.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am

zapcosongs wrote:G&L Question: Anybody here try a Fallout yet?

Not yet, I need to get to that there TheGuitarStore . I'd like to see more wood on them * (less pickguard),
What inspired the name 'Fallout'? Has this been discussed here before?

zapcosongs wrote:Non-G&L Fare: What is the lousiest job you have ever had and why? Tell us about it!

Grinding glass , or maybe spraying for roaches ( and getting a reaction....eeeesh ).

zapcosongs wrote:Thank you, and good evening! - ed

Thanks Ed, You da man !!

elwood

* that's what she said ! :alright: