Weird Weather Lunch Report 04/25/ Thursday

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm

No lunch report yet so here goes. I had chicken noodle soup today and it was tasty. Is that a surprise????

General topic first. We are having weird weather. The pictures are what I got up to on Tuesday morning, April 23. We Minesotans are tough but what have we done to deserve this??

So the general question is what kind of weather are you having ?

G&L discussion is a result of my travels today. We have been designing the GBL LE2 on the forum and it has been a group effort and appears to be close to completion. I stopped by my favorite G&L dealer today to talk to them about a special order. They are going to talk to the factory and see what they can do. In my opinion, for me, this would be the ultimate G&L. I have some that are very close but this would put me over the edge! So let us know what would be you all time favorite G&L build. Use the guitar builder to show pictures or describe it to us in ways that we can visualize. I know that this has been talked about before but don't limit yourself to options only advertised. This could include special woods, preferably ones that G&L have already used but may have some left over. I don't expect them to go out and source special wood but would hope that they may have some left for a guitar or 2. Also get creative about the finish as they have done some pretty cool things so the door is open on color and finish. I will post my dream order (which will be real if they will do it) when I find out if they will do it. Ginny has already given the go on this. What is you dream build????? --Darwin

Re: Weird Weather Lunch Report 04/25/ Thursday

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Evening Darwin,

Wow, those are some pictures.... We have been well below seasonal here to, but nothing like that! Today got up to a balmy 50 degrees! It was enough warmth to go down to the marina and take the winter tarp off the boat. I am happy boy.... only a few weeks til she is in the water. Before i get to todays question i wanted to respond to your post in yesterdays lunch report. I cannot even imagine the joy it must bring to you to be able to share the stage with your daughter let alone granddaughter!! That is something special for sure. I'll crack a cold one tonight to that :cheers: I should be so lucky someday.

Anyway, as far as dream guitars go....Another Metal Flake! The other day on Facebook Dave had posted a picture of the room where Malcolm does the metal flake painting. I had posted a comment asking if they had ever done purple metal flake. Dave replied that they have! That would be cool to see. I would also love to see any other metal flake prototypes. But in all reality my next G&L will have a Orange Metal Flake finish. That i am sure of. Just not sure what it will be on yet.... I am still flip flopping between an ASAT special deluxe with bigsby or a z-3 bigsby.

Scott

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Still at work doing some experiments. Here in the Pacific NW I have been able to stare at the Space Needle out my window with a blue sky as a back drop. Got up to around 70 here today, which is real crazy as far as this place goes.

But for good balance, of course it will rain if we're all of for the weekend ... ;)

- Jos

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:46 pm

That looks rally cold, Darwin. I won't complain about how night time here is so cold I have to turn the heater on....

I'd like an SC1 that looks like this, but without all those switches and with a saddle-lock bridge.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:32 am

darwinohm wrote:So the general question is what kind of weather are you having?

It snowed here in Missouri all day Tuesday. Yesterday (Thursday) was 65 degrees and sunny. We're suppose to get rain today and tomorrow. My pond is still 7 to 8 feet low so I'll take all of the rain we can get.

darwinohm wrote:What is you dream build????? --Darwin

I'm selling my two Asat Deluxes and I want to replace them with a Bluesboy. I want a solid body with a huge neck and a rosewood board.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:53 am

Hi Darwin:

I have a friend in winnipeg and he's really tired of the winter now. Getting same kind of weather as you are.

I know you don't like flying, but you are retired you know, meaning you can go other places, like FLORIDA, etc.....

The winter for me was bad being in Niagara, not as bad as your's, but bad, so we drove the 1450 miles to florida and this morning it was 65 when we woke up and will be 88 this afternoon.................................going to the beach on sat and sun.

Just a thought.....

I'm really curious as to the guitar you're trying to order, that must be something.

The other day the discussion was regarding love/hate with a legacy and I traded my legacy, even though it had the best neck and was the easier playing of all my guitars. The pups really didn't do it for me. I have been thinking of an S-500 since.

All my guitars now are hard tails so IF I order an LE-2, I'll get it with DFS, so that I have one.

Other than the potential LE-2, not sure what other guitar I would desire, maybe an accoustic...............even though I don't like how high the action is on every accoustic I have ever played, lol.

Good luck with the order!!!

Alf

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:42 am

Pretty weird weather there Darwin! I imagine the snow is all gone by now. Hope it didn't do too much damage to the plants & trees. The weather here in the SF Bay area has been quite warm, although today it's cool & cloudy.

My favorite G&L would require enough bells & whistles to make it too expensive for me! :lol:

Waiting to hear what you have decided to order. :)

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 am

Today is the first day we have hit 60 degrees since early November. The snow is gone and the bulbs are poking through. I just had some leftover Beef Stew that was spectacular.

Nice guitar ideas folks
Lefty, I know you have a cool one coming!

Alf, I do have an ASAT with a DF and I think that is almost the ultimate guitar. The DF is very sweet on an ASAT. Almost as good as the Bigsby.

Steve, I have a Grosh Tele with a baseball neck and I love it.

Jamie, that is a coll looking guitar. Remove the switches and it looks cool with the Jazzmaster vibe and bridge. A similar SC-1 platform would be the ticket!

Scott, I am a lucky guy to have my crew singing last Sunday. It was a wild crowd and the young girls were grinning after they were finished! I know you will cover us with the Sparkles. I will tell you my special order will involve Sparkle! There is no such thing as too much bling!

Jos, sorry to hear you are working that hard but your contribution to the SS will keep me funded! Hope you get some sunny weather out there. We have gone from Winter to Summer in two days.-- Darwin

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Weather is same as yours... So, tell us about the guitar! Maybe they can add a lefty too!

Cheers,

Will

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Will, I have to see first if they will do it. Should hear early next week!-- Darwin