Friday Lunch Report 3/22/2013

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:48 am

I apologize for being a day late with Friday's, Lunch Report. Yesterday was a day from hell at the garage.

Lunch: No time for lunch.

Today's photo is my well used '82 SC-1

G&L Question:

G&L, is already building a modern version of the SC-2. Would you like to see the SC-1 reissued also?

Thank you, to everyone that responded to my posts this week. If I get some time this weekend I'll go back an answer some of your questions.

Random photo:

Re: Friday Lunch Report 3/22/2013

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about your day from hell. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
Sprinter 92 wrote:G&L Question:

G&L, is already building a modern version of the SC-2. Would you like to see the SC-1 reissued also?

Nice SC-1 you have. These are some great guitars. So a reissue would be great but only if they use the original tone stack, headstock, and pups (hand scatter-wound with the enamel coated wire) making it pretty much exactly the same as the original. On the other hand, it is a bit of a secret only a few people are privy to ;)

- Jos

P.S. My cats are saying hello to yours.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:44 pm

That sc-1 is beautiful!

Great week and thanks for showing off your great guitars. Cats are awesome, have two- George and Gracie.

y2kc

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Sprinter 92 wrote:G&L Question:

Like Jos said, it would have to be an exact replica to have any meaning. In addition to the features Jos listed, it would need to have a lightweight, scaled down slab maple body to capture the vibe of the original. I can't see the larger current SC-2 body matching the feel of the original.

My two cats love nosing around the guitar cases.

Ken

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:12 pm

KenC wrote:Like Jos said, it would have to be an exact replica to have any meaning. In addition to the features Jos listed, it would need to have a lightweight, scaled down slab maple body to capture the vibe of the original. I can't see the larger current SC-2 body matching the feel of the original.

Ken

I don't let my four near the cases. Too afraid they will use them as cat boxes!

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:04 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:
KenC wrote:Like Jos said, it would have to be an exact replica to have any meaning. In addition to the features Jos listed, it would need to have a lightweight, scaled down slab maple body to capture the vibe of the original. I can't see the larger current SC-2 body matching the feel of the original.

Ken

why would they?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:28 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
JagInTheBag wrote:

Ken

why would they?

Two of them are 16+ years old and at least one of the brothers- Enzo is a known pissing convict. An ounce of prevention...

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 am

I don't have any interest in a SC-1...just not my style. I doubt that they would do an accurate reissue.

Great job on the LR this week...as always. Love the kitties.

Bill

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:44 am

JagInTheBag wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:
JagInTheBag wrote:

Ken

why would they?

Two of them are 16+ years old and at least one of the brothers- Enzo is a known pissing convict. An ounce of prevention...

if a cat is pissing outside of a litter box, something is generally wrong. either crystals in the urine, or urinary tract infection, or renal failure. if they have pain while urinating, they associate with the box and will go elsewhere. giving them a new box, maybe in another location should help. a visit to the vet to find out what is happening will also help.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:49 am

nice sc-1. also nice cats. i have both of those, a tuxedo main coon and an orange tabby.

i found a dog last week at the junkyard, she had a horrible hernia, as bad as i have ever seen. couldn't leave her there, so i took her and she had surgery to repair it, as well as having her spayed. she is a chihuahua french bulldog mix, and an absolute sweetheart without any behavioral issues. the surgery was $727 and the people at my gym helped to raise the money for it. she is as happy as can be, enjoying being able to run around to her hearts content. before she could only walk with a limp, the hernia was in the way, the size of a softball.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:40 am

Steve, cool SC1, that one has mojo. I am not looking for a single coil so a reissue probably wouldn't interest me. You have a couple of beautiful cats and being animal lovers, ours are spoiled. Great job on the dog Louis!-- Darwin

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 am

louis cyfer wrote:if a cat is pissing outside of a litter box, something is generally wrong. either crystals in the urine, or urinary tract infection, or renal failure. if they have pain while urinating, they associate with the box and will go elsewhere. giving them a new box, maybe in another location should help. a visit to the vet to find out what is happening will also help.

Thank you for the insights Louis. We have been nine rounds with the issue and abiding in our patience. He's one of the family afterall. We've changed the size of the boxes- big roomy ones with high walls because we know it hurts for the old guy to squat. He's been through rounds of steriods and a change in diet- just eats Blue Buffalo and combo of wet and dry. The matter has come down to one of mental disease. He is currently being treated with a amitriptyline cream delivered transdermaly through the ear. The errant behavior has considerably improved.

Good on you for taking care of the dog's hernia. It is the highest calling in life to relieve the suffering of others wherever we meet it.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:38 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:if a cat is pissing outside of a litter box, something is generally wrong. either crystals in the urine, or urinary tract infection, or renal failure. if they have pain while urinating, they associate with the box and will go elsewhere. giving them a new box, maybe in another location should help. a visit to the vet to find out what is happening will also help.

Thank you for the insights Louis. We have been nine rounds with the issue and abiding in our patience. He's one of the family afterall. We've changed the size of the boxes- big roomy ones with high walls because we know it hurts for the old guy to squat. He's been through rounds of steriods and a change in diet- just eats Blue Buffalo and combo of wet and dry. The matter has come down to one of mental disease. He is currently being treated with a amitriptyline cream delivered transdermaly through the ear. The errant behavior has considerably improved.

Good on you for taking care of the dog's hernia. It is the highest calling in life to relieve the suffering of others wherever we meet it.

i couldn't agree with you more. i am glad you have been looking into it with your cat. i have seen it too often that people just chalk up cats' pissing to behavioral problems without checking into medical problems. i am also glad that you treat that like the family they are.