Monday Lunch Report 3/18/2013

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

I'll start off with a little about myself. My name is Steve and I've been playing G&L's since 1983. I live in the northwest corner of Missouri and I work as a technician at a small Chevrolet dealership.

Lunch: Leftover corn beef & cabbage!!!

I'm going to share a few photos of my G&L's this week as well as a few non G&L instruments. Let's start with the Asats!

The top one is a '96 Asat Deluxe. The guitar in the middle is a '93 Asat Classic. The bottom guitar is a bit of a mystery. It was made in '95 a year before the Asat Deluxe model officially went into production. I suspect that it's a prototype or employee guitar. I've also been told it was specially built for Guitar Shorty but I don't have any proof. It has some bizarre electronics.

I still haven't completely figured out how the electronics work.

Here's my non G&L Asat style guitars:

The top one is an all stock '74 Telecaster. The bottom guitar is a parts Telecaster. Most of the parts are from 1978.

Guitar Question: How important is country of manufacture to you?

Re: Monday Lunch Report 3/18/2013

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Glad your up this week Steve. Your leftover lunch sounds great to me I love it! We had some at our gig on Saturday evening.

Beautiful Asats Steve. The Blueburst is really interesting. Must have been a special build of some type. I wonder if G&L has any build records on it. Nice Teles too! I'll bet that 74 is sweet. They were still building some good Fenders. I looked at a 79 Strat Anniversary some time back and the QC had really gone by the wayside at that time. It was almost perfect but I passed on it ultimately. Have you been to Alex recently? -- Darwin

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

darwinohm wrote:

Beautiful Asats Steve. The Blueburst is really interesting. Must have been a special build of some type. I wonder if G&L has any build records on it. Nice Teles too! I'll bet that 74 is sweet. They were still building some good Fenders. I looked at a 79 Strat Anniversary some time back and the QC had really gone by the wayside at that time. It was almost perfect but I passed on it ultimately. Have you been to Alex recently? -- Darwin

I haven't been to Alex since last May. I'm hoping to make it up to Alex again this year.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Sprinter,

That is a great batch of Asats and Telecasters. The Guitar Shorty guitar looks wonderful.

What kind of amp are you using these days?

y2kc

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:54 pm

y2kc wrote:Sprinter,

That is a great batch of Asats and Telecasters. The Guitar Shorty guitar looks wonderful.

y2kc

My main amps are vintage Fender, Princeton's. I'm using a tweed '56 and a silver face '71 Princeton Reverb.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Those amps must sound amazing with G&L guitars

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Lunch was canned chicken noodle soup. been recovering from spinal surgery missed out on corn beef and cabbage .

really like those asats. asat though a Princeton it don't get much better.

The country of manufacture is not all that important to me. A guitar kinda has to speak to me when I play it. I guess that's why I don't like to buy guitars that I can't play like ebay. That's probably why I don't own 50 G&Ls

I'd like to play your parts Tele. Parts guitars are usually special

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 am

Nice blondes.

How important is country of manufacture you ask? The only things not made in north america (or the USA really) are a few pedals built in China. All my axes and amps are USA, but that is more due to the quality standard than anything. I would have no issues buying something like an Ibanez J-custom, if it tickled me. I am also completely devoid of brand loyalty.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Sprinter 92 wrote:
y2kc wrote:Sprinter,

y2kc

My main amps are vintage Fender, Princeton's. I'm using a tweed '56 and a silver face '71 Princeton Reverb.

Wow it doesn't get much better than that. I would like to find a Princeton.

y2kc

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Thats a good question: I like made in the USA G&L or other guitars best and foremost, but will buy and have other that are not for throw around guitars.
skyhawk