Friday LR , Mar 15

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Here's an appetizer to the full LR - Homemade Sprouted wheat bread

The sprouted bread turned out really good for my first run at it.
I'll have to get a large mortar and pestle to get some real milling/mashing action.
A cuisinart would have been better , I used a blender and stirred it every few seconds
until I saw gluten strands. Add yeast, salt, time...and eventually fire ;

Here's some tunes for no reason at all:
phpBB [video]

The crumb is moist, a little sticky ( another 5 min in the oven would have been good...no biggie )
and is firm but falls apart after a few seconds in the mouth...perfect !! (and it'll just get better :thumbup: )

We finally have some sunshine here, can you tell my camera is set for cloudy days ?
I left it overexposed for the effect...Darwin is right...I do have alot of cool things lying around here .

Back soon with the main course !!

elwood

Re: Friday LR , Mar 15

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 pm

To answer Tuesday's off the cuff question ;
What's for Tea ?

...that would be :

Heinz Baked Beans !!

I've come across some cool one/off proto /just generally interesting pictures as I peruse
my back up files. Here's some of the neat G&L pics I've collected, I thank those who took the photos and posted them on the web for letting the world share and enjoy them ( sort of a karmic disclaimer...these aren't my instruments and I can't always remember the source of the photos unless there is a watermark ).

Leo was a busy man !

This one looks so comfortable !

There's this one (or is that two?) :

This is in my rotation, an AriaPro ll...awesome playing and sounding:

Anyone here crazy enough to own and use a doubleneck??

California sure has been a mecca for electric guitar and bass development over the years.

Here's the Alembic workshop in San Fran , '73 -

I think this one went to Johnny Winter, I know he had a few of their early one's:

This is a (Bruce) Becvar, from a luthier who was at Alembic in the early days- a bit over the top but you gotta appreciate the dedication to his art.

Do you think I should paint a guitar using this logo ?
If I get sued that means I've been noticed and get some free publicity as a rocker, eh?

Do you have any pictures of your favorite guitarists axes that you can share ? or just cool guitars/basses pics that you've collected while surfing?

Thanks for checking out my LR's and I hope brought a bit of entertainment for our bright green corner on
the web.
I'll put a link to the G&Lworldwide member ScribbleMap widget in my Sig. so it's easy to find in the future.
I'll occasionally post a link if I have recently put up a bunch more little black and green flags on globe.

Anyone gigging this weekend?

Elwood

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

That bread looks lovely, I'll have to get hold of some of that wheat stuff.

I've wanted a 6-12 double-neck Danelectro for a while. There are a few songs we do that I think would sound fantastic with a 12 string part. The 6 string neck would be used for lead breaks.

Elwood wrote:Anyone gigging this weekend?

Yep. Got 3 this week, first was on Thursday night and was the for a new band which didn't go well! Depressing one tonight at a service club, and a festival gig on Sunday - that one will be good, were on just before a legend of the Australian music scene, Ross Hannaford, who played in a band called Daddy Cool, the originators of the crowd pleasing Aussie-pub-rock anthem 'Eagle Rock'. The song NEVER fails to get people up dancing.
[youtube]oQfAZVsz6KM[/youtube]

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Elwood, I just finished loading the van for a gig tomorrow afternoon up in Grand Rapids. You have posted some cool stuff, the Leo pickup test bed is a legend in it's own. Great looking bread! If I were younger a double neck would be great. Thanks for the entertainment this week Elwood!-- Darwin