Early New Years Eve LR - 12/31/12

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:29 am

Hi Everyone:

I thought I'd give it a go for today.

I have a customer meeting in San Francisco on Jan 2nd at 9 am, that I have to be at, so my wife and I decided to travel yesterday.

After a long day, we got in last night and are staying up in Sonoma, CA home with Napa of the famous wine region.............

When I drove thru SAN Fran last night, on Van Ness, I saw a large Guitar Centre. My thoughts were, hey I can stop in there on the 2nd after my meetings...........I'll be disappointed..........

I think I'll look up guitar shops in san fran and see what's available, might be cool to browse. Anybody know?

G&L QUESTION

My only planned G&L at this time for FY13 is the LE II, once we see the final version. What are your plans for G&Ls coming this year (sorry if this was already asked)?

NON G&L QUESTION

Anyone else travelling for New Years? Anyone have any exciting plans for tonight? If we had stayed home, we would have just got together with another couple or 2.

There are lots of fancy, fancy things to do here for new years, like a Great Gatsby Ball with 7 course dinner and wine pairing...................BUT, we are just going to hit the Irish Pub in town, they have 2 bands playing tonight and that will be more fun for me! More our style now as we love to go listen to bands play!

I don't post too often but I read every day. Thanks to this forum and all you folks, its been a wealth a breadth of knowledge. I have learned so much!!

So, I want to wish you all a happy and health New Year and all the best in 2013!!

Alf

Re: Early New Years Eve LR - 12/31/12

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Alf,

I'm sticking close to home tonight. We're going to run into Annapolis later this afternoon, meet some friends for dinner, and catch a 7:30 fireworks show down by the harbor. Then it will be back home for family time until midnight: probably boardgames and a movie or two.

astutzmann wrote:G&L QUESTION

My only planned G&L at this time for FY13 is the LE II, once we see the final version. What are your plans for G&Ls coming this year (sorry if this was already asked)?

I was going to post a "what do you want in 2013" thread, but this is as good a place as any.

I'm also looking forward to the LE 2. I will probably go for it, depending on the appearance and final price. It would be the second new electric guitar purchase of my life (the first being a $75 Univox when I started playing in '82).

My current goal for my collection is to have the complete history of G&L's four string basses. I'm a good part of the way there, if I don't count in variants like semi-hollows, different body woods and fretless necks. I have most of the hard ones to find, and just need to round the harem out with the second-style SB, Legacy/LB-100 and Climax/L-1500 models. I would still really like to find a fretless El Toro and a G-200 as well.

Ken

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

astutzmann wrote:What are your plans for G&Ls coming this year (sorry if this was already asked)?

None! I don't plan on selling what I have or adding one on. If I get clubbed with a smokin' deal on a Leo-era G&L, you never know, but it's unlikely.

astutzmann wrote:Anyone else travelling for New Years? Anyone have any exciting plans for tonight?

None! Might roam down to the Space Bar for a little while though. Between Space Bar and the huge new 1980s arcade in Eagle, Idaho, there's way more 1980s arcade games up and running in Boise than there was just a year ago, and most of the new-to-us ones have been imported from elsewhere in the USA.

Here's some of the picture of building a huge 1980s arcade in Eagle, Idaho:
http://grinkers.com/Photos.aspx

Now I have the music from Mappy stuck in my head.
Last edited by Brock on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:33 pm

As far as acquisition plans for 2013 are concerned, the only one I am sure of is the LE II. Beyond that not much of a clue. The other thing I know is that the collection still needs a Z-3, Will Ray Sig, and Classic Custom, but I'm a bit picky on build year and looks.

We will celebrate New Years Eve at friends in a couple of hours which includes a 'white elephant' gift exchange. That has tunred out to be so much fun in years past that it has become tradition. Exchange your junk and knickknacks for somebody else's junk and knickknacks.

Enjoy the last day of the year, and for you Aussies out there: Happy New Year!!!

- Jos

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm

G&L QUESTION

The GbL-II is on the list and I'd like another shot at a Belair Green BluesBoy SH & double-bound. When the guys & AG&B showed me the problems, I was devastated...

NON G&L QUESTION

No travel, just throwing a party. Maybe Skype too. Happy New Year, everybody!

Cheers,

Will

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Alf, enjoy you mini vacation in the west. That is a long trip from where you are.

We are staying home this evening. We have some bubbly, Lobster Tails and we will enjoy. I just popped the bubbly. I am glad we are not gigging.

No gear plans for next year other than the LE II. I am a little disappointed that it is going to have a pickguard and I thought the color was transparent lemon drop but I'm not sure of anything anymore. I have everything that I need but the unplanned is always interesting. My 2012 score was half of 2011. I am trending in the right direction.

Happy New Years everyone and the Aussies have had time to heal by now. I will be trying to see the new one in! Not easy at my age!-- Darwin

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 pm

NYE is all done here. We played an outdoor show about 4 hours north of here, it was great fun EXCEPT for the first set which commenced just as the sun was going down - the mosquitos were bad, but the christmas beetles were worse! They're pretty big and heavy by insect standards, and when they hit its like someone has thrown something at you. I had one stuck in my hair for a couple of songs, those buggers hold on tight. They were all over my suit too. I also got a small moth in the eyeball, which was pretty painful. Despite a bottomless rider, somehow I only drank two beers and a coke :confused0007: Still, the weather was perfect and the company was fine. What more can you ask for?
Here's some christmas beetles.