12/27 Lunch

Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Lunch was a "gourmet hot dog" at Spike's Junkyard Dogs, a local establishment that has grown to a small chain. I had a '57 T-bird, which consists of the dog with Swiss cheese and honey mustard on a freshly baked bun. The hot dogs are big and the rolls are the size of a small sandwich roll so one dog is almost always enough.

G&L: There's the annual "favorite purchase of 2012" thread going on in the General Music section. What about 2013, any G&L's on the radar for the upcoming year?

Not much else going on here, huge temperature swing 26 yesterday with snow to 51 raining today back down to 31 tonight. It's been slow at work with the holidays running their course, one more ham dinner to cook and that's it for me for a while.

Any plans for New Year's Eve?

We used to go up to a friends house and play beer pong, but having a child sort of changed that. Now we go to my wife's friend's house, have some dinner a couple cold ones while the kids play and I'm usually home before the ball drops. Still, if you put me in front of a beer pong table it's like I never left college
We should have a G&L Play and Pong meet up :BadIdea:

Have a good one!
-Dave

Re: 12/27 Lunch

Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Mmmm.... hot dogs.

I'm keen to see what the CCD come up with next year. I could be easily coerced into buying one!

We have a gig on NYE, about 4 hours north of here. My girlfriend hates this, as we met on NYE three years ago and she wants to celebrate it. So do I, so I have already booked NYE 2014 off.

I'd be up for a G&L&pong&beer get together :thumbup:

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for picking up the LR! For NYE, we're meeting up with friends; same friends as we have done NYE with for the last 4-5 years. Always fun!

On the radar for 2013? I hope that GbL LE II. Otherwise, who knows? Guess the likelihood of another Lacewood Commemorative are slim to none. ;)

Guess we should meet (geographically) somewhere in the middle for G&L Play and Pong. Hawaii this time of year would suit me just fine ....

- Jos

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Dave_P wrote:G&L: There's the annual "favorite purchase of 2012" thread going on in the General Music section. What about 2013, any G&L's on the radar for the upcoming year?

I've been thinking about a Bluesboy, but I can't convince myself to buy one. I'm still looking for a Superhawk in Rampage Red with black hardware and Kahler tremolo.

Dave_P wrote:Any plans for New Year's Eve?

I always stay home on New Years Eve. I have a few guitar, amp and pedal projects that I might work on.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 pm

if we are talking about playing ping pong, i'd be up for that, but let's play for at least a guitar each as a wager. olympic rules, bring your own paddle, glue and rubbers.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Dave, I love a great hot dog. Also, Polish sausages and Brats fall into the same category. A big bun with lots of fixings does the job.

I am waiting to see the GLB II, other than that nothing on the horizon. I was lusting over another G&L bass but that has gone away with my recent Carvin bass. I don't need anything else but I have said that before. I am still intrigued by a VOX AC 15 but I have enough amps. I should learn how to get in sell mode.

We had a chance to book New Years Eve. We didn't. The only way I would see the ball drop would be if I was gigging. We usually stay home as it is not a good night to be driving around. I am usually under the sheets long before the ball drops but for a different reason that when I was young. We do have a special meal on New Years Eve and sometimes catch a good show on PBS. A few years back they showed Garrison Keillor at the Grand Old Opry. It was great.-- Darwin