Christmas Day Lunch Report 12-25-2012

Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 pm

It is after 6:00 pm in Minnesota so here goes. We had Christmas last night with all the kids and grandchildren so we have been doing some relaxing today.

I hope that all of you have a memorable year. I know many of you have lost family members, some have family members who are aged and not doing so well. My condolences to all who are experiencing this. Ginny and I have been lucky to have not lost any family members this year but have lost several close friends. This becomes more common every year because of our age. And there are the national events which have been very tragic and it is all a weight on our minds.

On the bright side, some very good things have also happened. The opportunity to have my daughter as a bandmate and she has taken me by surprise. This gal has developed unbelievably in one year. I have had another fantastic year with the KRS along with a lot of stress at times, but that goes with the territory. I would really like to hear some of your stories for this year. Marriage, great guitars, become famous?? What ever it is, please share. Maybe a new job after the economic mess. How about new kids/grandkids?

I have had a couple of G&L converts this year. If each of us had a couple, it makes a mark. I still maintain they are one of the best kept secrets on the planet but it is encouraging to see new members signing up every day. Even some of the old timers check in now and then.

No G&L question for today but I hope you all had a great holiday and hope the new year will be even better. The forum is relatively quiet and I am going to leave with some more music from The Agates, our band. These two songs feature a G&L Legacy with a Roland GR 20 Synth. We are a four piece band and a fifth as a lead singer. Again, the soundtracks are rom a live video so there are flaws but it is what it is. A synth really adds to a band.

First song is using the Sax patch on the GR20, So Fine. Steve has really made this thing work. He is our lead player.

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_itemId=10890

This is using a synth keyboard patch. Amarillo By Morning. These songs are done by our drummer Terry. Hope you enjoy and Happy Holidays everyone! It took a Tom & Jerry to post this!-- Darwin

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_itemId=10880

Re: Christmas Day Lunch Report 12-25-2012

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:07 pm

I had a great Eve and Day with family and too much food! Had a good year overall and excited to be making plans for a Norwegian cruise to see the Seven Sisters and attend the Jazz Festival in Balestrand in 2013. A G&L will be in tow for that one! Darwin, you and The Agates sound terrific!!!

Cheers,

Will

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Hey Darwin, sorry about the cross-posting! We must have been typing at the same time!

I'm lucky - we have gained two family members this year. My sister has given birth to the first child of its generation, making me an uncle for the first time, and a cousin had a baby girl on xmas eve which has been named after my Grandmother.

I don't think I've converted anyone to G&Ls, but I have had several people checking mine out, particularly the Korina Jr. We played a show on the weekend with a guy who works for Maton (probably the largest guitar builder in Australia), and he always seems enamoured with the G&Ls I bring along. Thats a good sign :thumbup:

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:49 am

Happy holidays to everyone.

Had a great time with the family. This year I started working again after being retired for 8 years, so its been pretty hectic. I've found a consulting gig that's perfect for me and not too much work.

My wife's uncle passed away on Xmas eve, very sad so we have the funeral on friday. Not good.

As far as guitars go, I still have my bluesboy and my special deluxe but I traded my legacy and this year got an accoustic again as well as a Heritage 335 (like a gibson 335).

Right now I'm very happy with the guitars I have and still thinking about the LE-2. Man that one is taking forever, just saying

I hope everyone has a terrific New Years.

Alf

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:35 am

Hey Darwin,

You saw my post the day prior. Used to have 4 strats, now I have 2 ASATS with another in the mail! Trying to make more converts.

Hope all things turn out well for everyone. Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Thank you Will, That sounds like a fantastic cruise coming up!

Jamie, we were pounding the keys at the same time. Glad to hear you made uncle status! Any one would love to play the Korina!

Alf, sorry to hear about your wifes uncle. That really makes the holidays sad. Hope you have a great next year and keep looking for those guitars.

Jr, I have turned quite a few Fenders myself. Most I now have are not players but are more collectible. I just sitting on them.

I had another computer day from hell. Another visit to the Apple Store. Their service is great and has been at no cost except for the initial purchase 5 years ago. -- Darwin