Monday 12/17 Lunch - Fun Photo week

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am

Good afternoon, it's been a while since I've posted regularly on the board here. So for those of you who don't know me, My name is Dave, I'm from Rhode Island and I am a GAS-aholic :o

I thought I'd make this week "Fun Photo Week" I take a lot of random pictures with my phone, usually of me being an idiot or things I find amusing/interesting. So feel free to share!

Here is a somewhat recent pic of me at work (A/V industry) set up for a fashion show. What?... somebody had to test the runway!

This is also at work... on the desk of the guy I share an office with. Not sure when there was liquid in it last but there isn't any longer and I'm positive whatever is/was in there did not taste better with cat hair

It's not as bad as it looks! I actually drove the ball over the tree (having no clue there was a sand trap). I am terrible at golf and play only for fun, much to the distaste of everyone else on the course, I tend to go with the "ah F it" approach. This time it worked out well. Probably the best drive I've ever had

Lunch: I haven't gone yet, but I'm thinking I'll stop home today and make some mac and cheese. It's a dreary day here and something hot seems appealing.

G&L Topic: I had a fit of midnight ebay madness the other night, I was still trying to decide on pickups for my asat and figured I'd check the bay for the heck of it. Somehow that lead to me almost buying a '94 Legacy :lol: It had only a few hours left with no bids, but as always I got out bid whilst I slept. When I checked it the price was higher than I could afford at the moment. Anyone else have recent close encounters of GAS lately? That one instance has me GASing for a Legacy now, and there happens to be a good deal fairly locally...we'll have to see what Christmas brings!

-Dave

Re: Monday 12/17 Lunch - Fun Photo week

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Hey Dave. I'm terrible at golf too, but do enjoy it for a few holes. After that I get way too frustrated!

Here's something I saw in a Chinese restaurant window, next to the lobster and crab tanks. Its real and some kind of shellfish, honestly. Even your granny would giggle!

I'm GASing for a keyboard, either a Nord Electro 4D or a Hammond SK1. I've sold a guitar to pay for it (I've adopted a 'one in, one out' policy on instrument purchases) and am just waiting for one to pop up at the right price. Like you I missed out on a great deal last week, but I missed out due to geographic reasons - the seller didn't want to send it here from Sydney :(

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Dave_P wrote:Anyone else have recent close encounters of GAS lately?

I missed this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-USA-G-L-Le ... 1103036080

I should have just hit the button, but I thought, this time I'll politely ask, if the seller would ship for me to Europe too. I asked in the morning. When I came home from work at 8:00 pm, there was a positive answer from about an hour before, at 7:00 pm. But at 7:30 another one did finish by buying it. :(

Next time I'll shoot first and ask later, as I successfully did on other occasions. :twisted:

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Hey Dave,

Glad to see you again! i too have been only lurking the last few months.... Noboby told me that as the kids start to grow up (4&6) that free time becomes a distant memory! That said i wouldn't trade my time in with them for anything :banana: (Ella loves the banana, so i had to through one in for her.... She is on my lap as i type!)

GAS

I have been i good boy lately.... only because stuff has gone for more money than i was willing to spend :D There are a few on my watch list that i will shot for, i could get a surprise some morning!

Have a good one
Scott

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Dave, fun pictures and I like everything with cat hair. I am used to it!

Right now I'm gassing for a trouble free computer. I have software issues with Pro Tools as I just went up to 7.3 again and the activation code isn't good as it has been used once. This could be a trainwreck.

I never became a hot golfer and just had fun. Good shots are most often unplanned for me.

No G&L gas at the moment as a matter of fact, I do have enough guitars. I still have my eyes open but am not actively pursuing. I should do like Jamie and sell a couple to build a stash, but I do not have any I want to sell at the moment. -- Darwin

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 pm

gitman001 wrote:(Ella loves the banana, so i had to through one in for her.... She is on my lap as i type!)

My six-year-old also loves the smilies. If he wanders in while I'm posting, he has a million questions about them and wants me to include a few...

GAS:

I'm coming around toward a one in/one out policy too. I'm not quite there yet, but I did sell an '88 ASAT right after I brought the El Toro home. I am also very close to putting my ash F-100 up for sale since I've brought in the 'hog F-100. I will wait until after the holiday influx of guitars into the Marketplace settles down (in the mean time, if anybody is GASsing for some very early Leo-era goodness just let me know!). I also successfully fought off a GAS attack for a PRS bass since I couldn't move the Jorgenson Sig ASAT out to make room for it.

I do have an ongoing case of GAS for a couple of G&L models that have escaped me so far: a G-200, a really clean first-style SB-1, and a recent L-1500 or ASAT Bass with a quartersawn neck and a Honey, Honeyburst or Belair Green finish. I am still kicking myself for letting a '98 L-1500 in Blonde over figured ash, with a BEM neck, get away from me last spring.

Ken

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Damn, where's Cajun Boy when you need him? ;-)

--GDub

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm

GDub wrote:Image

Damn, where's Cajun Boy when you need him? ;-)

--GDub

These bivalves are know as geoducks (but strangely pronounced as 'gooey ducks') and are native here in the Pacific Northwest.

Unfortunately I was in Europe when that Lacewood Commemorative appeared on daBay. But at least it ended up with somebody who cane truly appreciate its importance, so no regret here.

- Jos