29%
A work of art
14%
Crapola
14%

Total votes : 7

Friday the 30th of November

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 am

Dinner tonight was eaten at an outdoor night market a couple of suburbs over. We had a Lebanses dish consisting of chickpeas and shards of toasted pita bread smothered in yoghurt and topped with a mix of toasted slivered almonds and pine nuts swimming in a spiced butter. It was fantastic, kind of an Arabic nachos. Washed it down with a Sangria. And saw a friends 9 peice '50s style Mariachi rock'n'roll band band while we ate. Gotta love summer!

Another great thing about summer is cricket. Australia are currently playing the final match in a series against South Africa - that’s the top two teams in the world. The previous two matches have ended in draws. I won’t go in to the rules of the game, but Australia are off to a great start in this test (a test match goes for 5 days, during which each team has two innings).
Australian test cricketers wear a hat known affectionately as the baggy green, modelled here, to a high standard, by the legendary Steve Waugh

It’s a great looking hat, but doesn’t suit everyone. I want to start wearing hats but am yet to find one that suits me AND fits well enough to be an everyday wearer. Do you wear a hat? Lets see some photos, I need some ideas

Hats are worn by a myriad of stylish musicians, but IMO the king of hats AND style is Dr John. He matches every hat I’ve seen him in. Who’s your favourite stylish muso?
Dr Johns new album, Locked Down, is fantastic. If you don’t own it get it. It was produced by the guy from The Black Keys, a band I’m not keen on, but he’s done a fine job capturing and updating the feel of the doctors music.

Thanks everyone for putting up with me all week, I'll leave you with this clip of one of the worlds premier theater organists, Steven Eaklor.
[youtube]5U1Wo0g6FBY[/youtube]

Re: Friday the 30th of November

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 am

here is the only hat i wear, on special occasion of course. the plumes are much more elaborate now, i have added quite a bit since this pic.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 am

Great stuff this week. A little of everything... So, do you wear a hat? Today, I'm rockin' this one:

Yeah, a shameless self portrait. It's cold and yucky these days and I'm getting one last drive in before storage. The salt/chems put on our roads work well, but are nasty on autos. I don't wear hats often, but considering a classic chimney sweep's hat. Just kidding...

Cheers,

Will

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Excellent Week Jamie

Lacewood ASATI certainly appreciate its collectability, but not really my thing. Nice Australian timber but the grain, gold hardware and triple binding are just a bit ornate for my taste. I didn't vote though, 'cause i wouldn't call it crapola.

Lebanese My son's girlfriend is from a lebanese family and we always enjoy going to her parents place for dinner.

cricket I think about half of my staff took the day of to go to the match yesterday .... I was in the wrong half :-(

Do you wear a hat? No. Still have all my hair to keep the sun off in summer and the warmth in in winter :-)

Who’s your favourite stylish muso? With respect to hats? Jay Kay? ... perhaps not :-) Tom Waits always seem to look cool sporting some interesting hats.

cheers, Robbie

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 am

Louis - That is a mighty bit of plumage!

Will - Your garage must be a very cool place. My dad had a '60s Lotus Elan that he sold shortly after I was born. I'd love to take one f the new ones for a spin - what model do you have?

Robbie - Didn't the game go bad quickly for Australia! Tom Waits is undoubtedly stylish.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 am

It's a 2006 krypton green Exige. Well kept and still like new. I usually drive a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe... Now you have me thinking about hats. How about a classic Commodore's lid?

Cheers,

Will

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:16 am

Jamie, I have enjoyed the video clips this week and the LR's. I'm a day late here but have been doing some house painting inside in a bedroom. Yes, retired guys do work!

I do not wear hats although I have a nice leather cowboy hat that I bought 35 years ago. I still have hair on my head and most of the bandmates I have had in the past few years don't. Some pretty cool hats posted yesterday.

The Lacewood ASAT is drop dead gorgeous. I wonder who the lucky guy is? Something that rare is hard to put a price on. The seller was probably shocked as was the buyer who probably understands the value of these things to a person. If I were a wealthy guy I would be all over guitars like that.Thanks again Jamie!--Darwin

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:49 pm

louis cyfer wrote:here is the only hat i wear, on special occasion of course. the plumes are much more elaborate now, i have added quite a bit since this pic.

I'm sensing some great man-boobs, and probably a fine arse under the skirt there. :evilgrin: But what really strikes me is the tasteful way you accessorize. You go, boy! :clap: - ed

:luv:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm

those are paned slops ed, which are pants, not a skirt. worn with a doublet, and sorry, no man-boobs. i am sorry if it's disappointing, didn't want to ruin your fantasy. :mrgreen:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Ed, wow. He looks like he could clobber you to death, cook, eat you, then play an after dinner solo... However, I am a fan of the pewter cup. A first class ensemble all the way. Cheers!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 pm

louis cyfer wrote:those are paned slops ed, which are pants, not a skirt. worn with a doublet, and sorry, no man-boobs. i am sorry if it's disappointing, didn't want to ruin your fantasy. :mrgreen:

Yadda yadda yadda..... Tee hee! - ed

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:30 pm

willross wrote:Ed, wow. He looks like he could clobber you to death, cook, eat you, then play an after dinner solo... However, I am a fan of the pewter cup. A first class ensemble all the way. Cheers!

thank you so much. i love that pewter cup. the handle is a dragon drinking from the cup. i think ed would be a little too old a tough for eating, probably better used for dog food :mrgreen: