Lunch Report Thursday 11-22-12

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Wow...I'm posting something somewhat on time :o

Apologies for being MIA yesterday, I got pulled way from all computers and didn't get back 'til late late.

I'll post a bonus LR on Saturday to make sure your entertainment quota is being met.

Seeing all those stickers on the ASAT case got me in a picture taking mood.
I have a couple cases that are fairly plastered with stickers . One seems to have spent some time in San Francisco,
another is from a proud Texan, and the FX case from Curtis Mayfield's 80's tour has some cool stickers and passes,
mostly from Europe .
I came across a cool mid 90's G&L brochure , and a page of a late 70's, maybe early 80's guitar player with a MM bass.

So enjoy the splashes of color...if you know of any of the radio stations or bands , let us know.

If you have any easily postable pics of stickers/ or even your band's logo / artwork / etc. it'd be great to see.

Who knows, maybe someone lurking knows some obscure band that is on a case sticker ( anyone heard of "The Lid Twisters" ? )

on to the pix...

whew !!

I need to get a few old school 'Rock' stickers , I grew up plastering these all over my schoolbooks, cars, and other places that maybe they weren't so appreciated 8-) ( local disco clubs etc... after all , this was the late 70's early 80's )

I'm looking forward to getting back to some your questions and continuuing discussions.
I borrowed a good scale so I can weigh the Skyhawk , not to mention some other guitars that I've been wondering about .

I have a comanche proto body that seems like it's filled with helium. LOL

Over the next day or two we can explore an nice early F-100 ( wonder what's under the control plates? )
...and maybe we'll do a little neck swapping ( way more innocent that it sounds ...hehe ....I'm talking to YOU Mr. Zapco :lol: )

Hope you enjoyed the sticker pics...I think I'll take a break from copying and pasting for a day (sticky fingers)

Elwood

edit:(ack...had to resize 23 pics..got my really sticky fingers crossed )...
Last edited by Elwood on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Lunch Report Thursday 11-22-12

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Elwood, I hope that you had a great turkey day, we sure did.

You have a lot of interesting memorabilia and it takes a long time to prepare all those photos. Thanks for taking the time as you sure have stickers! I have had many over the years but have them all over the place and very few are musical instrument related. I will show a picture of our band logo. This is a picture of our band posters and it washed out in the center from the flash and is dark Blue like the top of the poster. Here are The Agates.

The second picture is of the headstock on my 62 or 63 Fender acoustic. I suspect that many of you have not seen one like this. The headstock condition is pretty much new. Here it is.

Hope everyone had a fun day.-- Darwin

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Love the sticker/case art. Very cool. I also appreciate the time you took in putting it all together for us to enjoy. Thanks Elwood. You really have managed to cobble together some serious treasures. Really interesting week it's been, and I'm looking forward to the coming days.

The neck swap thing, for example. Innocent? I think perhaps not. :lol: I suppose we will see.

If I could stand up right now I'd take some pictures of a few stickers that I've lucked into, stick the card in the computer. Upload them to PhotoSpot (ha, made that up), review and edit them, select the best ones............. Dam triptophan! ...... ;) zzzzzzzzzz - ed

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey Elwood, nice case. Definitely has some history! Its a shame that stickers have fallen out of favour of late because they really do look cool on a case.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Cool stuff Elwood! I wonder what kind of effects were on the pedalboard originally, but the board looks great in and by itself. I have only a couple of cases (or maybe only one) with stickers of them and personally am not a big fan of it. Just doesn't click in my brain. I rather like the case squeaky clean.

In any case, I'm still somewhat miffed about my Huskies losing the Apple Cup, but alas ... such is life.

Talk to you later buddy!

- Jos

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am

Elwood … great to see you up this week. Sorry I haven’t participated up to now as I’ve been under th pump since returning from six weeks leave. Spent three weeks touring Vietnam and Cambodia – AWESOME! – returned for a couple of days to play at a Halloween ball and then headed to the South West of the State for a couple of weeks or so in the Margaret River wine region, so I’m nicely chilled out .

I never tire of seeing that Skyhawk but wasn’t aware of the Dale Hyatt connection. Add that to the case full of swag and … I was going to say you’re a lucky man but I think there’s more than luck involved. I’m with Ed, and think you’ve probably managed to put together one of the most interesting collections of G&L gear on the forum.

Love the stickers and agree with Jamie that its a bit sad they are out of favour these days. Probably not the thing for collectors, but they really add some mojo to a player rig.

Looking forward to what else you’ll be serving up this week.

Cheers, Robbie

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Aussie wrote:Elwood … great to see you up this week. Sorry I haven’t participated up to now as I’ve been under th pump since returning from six weeks leave. Spent three weeks touring Vietnam and Cambodia – AWESOME! – returned for a couple of days to play at a Halloween ball and then headed to the South West of the State for a couple of weeks or so in the Margaret River wine region, so I’m nicely chilled out .

I never tire of seeing that Skyhawk but wasn’t aware of the Dale Hyatt connection. Add that to the case full of swag and … I was going to say you’re a lucky man but I think there’s more than luck involved. I’m with Ed, and think you’ve probably managed to put together one of the most interesting collections of G&L gear on the forum.

Love the stickers and agree with Jamie that its a bit sad they are out of favour these days. Probably not the thing for collectors, but they really add some mojo to a player rig.

Looking forward to what else you’ll be serving up this week.

Cheers, Robbie

good to hear from you Robbie,
no apologies necessary, I fell a little short of my LR duties this week.
I wasn't aware of the Dale connection until several weeks ago. I know we have a member with an almost identical Skyhawk, I think he might be in France....memory is a bit fuzzy...I'll have to see if he has posted pics in the Gallery.
There might be another little discovery under a pickguard just waiting to happen for some one out there.

I'm about to post some pics I'm sure you'll enjoy...
so check back later tonight ( I guess today for you ).

Wow, I'd love to travel some, not in the cards right now.
looking forward to getting these pics up for y'all...

Elwood

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:50 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Cool stuff Elwood! I wonder what kind of effects were on the pedalboard originally, but the board looks great in and by itself. I have only a couple of cases (or maybe only one) with stickers of them and personally am not a big fan of it. Just doesn't click in my brain. I rather like the case squeaky clean.

In any case, I'm still somewhat miffed about my Huskies losing the Apple Cup, but alas ... such is life.

Talk to you later buddy!

- Jos

i'll trade you 2 kiffins for sarkasian.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:44 pm

louis cyfer wrote:i'll trade you 2 kiffins for sarkasian.

I'll keep the Sarkasian. For now ....

- Jos
P.S. Wow! The Fighting Irish are back in the National Championship picture. That wil be fun when I meet my ND friends in the Netherlands next week.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:58 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:i'll trade you 2 kiffins for sarkasian.

I'll keep the Sarkasian. For now ....

- Jos
P.S. Wow! The Fighting Irish are back in the National Championship picture. That wil be fun when I meet my ND friends in the Netherlands next week.

and they don't belong there. they needed the refs to help them against stanford (that was a touchdown), miracles against a bad pitt team, and the worst possible coaching by kiffin to beat sc.