Friday Lunch Report - September 07, 2012

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Ok, I'm In! My lunch was fried and my chest feels a bit tight.... Really. I also caught a fish today that is either a Mudminnow or a Galaxia fish. You experts decide:

My question is about G&L merch. I have none(other than case candy). I'd like to get a t-shirt or two. Here's part of my collection:

So, show off yer stuff! BTW, what's up with the GbL-2? I'm ready! Let's get er done!!! I saw an ASAT Classic Spalted Alder that I may pick up, but want to know if the group guitar will be in the cards this year.

Cheers,

Will
Last edited by willross on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Friday Lunch Report - September 07, 2012

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 pm

willross wrote:Ok, I'm In! My lunch was fried and my chest feels a bit tight.... Really.

Cheers,

Will

Banana-Oat-sunflower-almond-peanut-sesame smoothie for one of my midday snacks...yummm!

I hope you feel better soon Will,
(maybe a banana for some Mag to loosen those muscles? ...if you like banana's)

disclaimer: I only play a doctor on internet based guitar discussion groups

Elwood

edit: go0d question ...let me see what might be laying around

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:25 pm

I have no G&L merch either - I'm always tempted when those neon G&L signs come up for sale on ebay, I'd love one of those to hang on the wall. I'd like to propose that the LE-2 should come with a G&L t-shirt or singlet, perhaps with the same girl as the sticker???

I have a small collection of tour t-shirts, I only buy them if I go to the concert. Last one I bought was a Dolly Parton t-shirt for my girlfriend. I'd get too much of a hard time wearing a t-shirt with Dolly's image on the front!

I prescribe a shot of freezing cold pear schnapps to loosen the grease in those arteries :thumbup:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Only G&L merch I have looks like this:
Otherwise the only merch I by is whenever I see Pat Metheny live. i have T-shirt dating back to 1985.

- Jos

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 am

Feeling much better. Thanks for the remedys. Still don't know what type of fish that is, but it remains healthy in the tank. All the t-shirts I collected are from shows except for the Firesign Theatre stuff; bought them from the now defunct Lodestone Catalog... I like that banner too, Jos! Have a great weekend!!!

Cheers,

Will

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for jumping in Will.

I dont typically wear shirts that advertise products nor do I wear concert T's for that matter. A couple of years back one of the fathers to a girl that was on my daughter's swim team would show up to practice frequently wearing a Fender t-shirt. Finally I decided to ask him what type of music he played. His response was, "I don't play music, I just like the way the t-shirt looks." Then it occured to me that Fender has become an iconic American brand like Coke or Harley Davidson.

Where did you get that fish? If you got it in the wild maybe you should release it back to the wild. Just a thought.

Tom

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm

That is a funny story about the shirt. I dig that. I picked up the shirts for a lot of reasons. That Black Crowes shirt is parking lot special a guy traded me during a Dead concert in Florida.

We have a creek that runs through our property. We also have an invasive species problem here in MN and I check a few times a year. No pets.

Cheers,

Will

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 pm

they never sell shirts that fit me at concerts, or make promotional ones that fit. just the way it is.