Regarding the G&L Registry....

I register all my G&L guitars faithfully - and publicly.
83%
I register all my G&L guitars faithfully, but keep 'em private.
7%
I sometimes register my G&L guitars here.
10%
I don't register my G&L guitars here.
No votes
What is the Registry?
No votes

Total votes : 29

Mug Shot Monday: LR for Monday, August 6, 2012

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks Blarg for a great week and for nominating me. I just realized that I'm likely the last enthusiast to serve under the current Lunch Reporter nomination process. I understand that we're going to become an all-volunteer army next week. Cool!

Greetings, friends. You all know me. My name is Ed and I am a moron. This is what a moron looks like:

I had my wife take this picture of me a couple of days ago, in anticipation of “Mug shot Monday.” I don’t know about you, but I like to be able to “see” who I’m talking to, and I’m guessing that lots of other folks feel similarly. I know this photo sucks, but this is pretty much what I looked like last Wednesday. Nothing I can do about it (other than having a shave, perhaps – which I have since done).

Not long ago, we had the opportunity here to post old band photos, etc. and that was tons of fun. But today – and for the rest of this week – I’m encouraging fellow GbL participants to post RECENT mug shots so that we may become better acquainted – or share a laugh, as the case may be. ;+)

On to lunch. If you’ve been around awhile, you’re aware that because my actual lunches are nothing to write anywhere about, I post here about the lunches that I’d like to have if I had the motivation and ingredients. Today, I feel like having a good breakfast for lunch: Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, a generous portion of thick-sliced bacon, a big slice of sweet, juicy cantaloupe and iced coffee. Yum!

What do you guys feel like having today?

G&L Question: Registry Mysteries: I was just checking out the Registry the other night, and right off I noticed a number of curious things For example, there are more Trinity models registered here than were officially made. What might be going on here? Also, I noticed that although 70 Rampage Reissues are stated to have been made, not a single one has been registered here. That’s odd…. One more: There are twice as many SC-1’s registered than 1st style SC-3’s, though there were only about 50% more of these early SC-3’s made.

What gives? Can you offer any insights with regard to these three examples, or see other incongruities in the registry that might be interesting to discuss?

Let’s leave it at this for today: Take the Registry Poll, post a RECENT Mug shot, and take a peek at the registry and comment on any curiosities you (or others) might discover there (I see quite a few).

Thank you, and have a great day! - ed
Last edited by zapcosongs on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Mug Shot Monday: LR for Monday, August 6, 2012

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:49 am

Morning ed,

I always show my mug shot in the profile pic to the left but heck, lets add the signature pic too for this post ;)

Every G&L I own is registered and I do that publicly. And I not only register my own guitars; whenever I see a Rarebird that is not registered and I can make out the S/N in any way shape or form, in it goes. For instance, yesterday I registered 20th Anniversary #22, an unregistered ASAT 'Classic III', and a Broadcaster; all listed on daBay.

As far as the Trinities go I know the answer. There were 25 official Trinities built. However, the #1 (CLF43509) was destroyed in a disaster and G&L was kind enough to build another (CLF54115). So now we're up to 26. In addition, there is one 'S-3' which is actually is a Trinity (CLF43528) but had problems with the binding. Which results in the final count: 27!

For the Rampages, those guitars did not come with a case but with a gig bag! And why it shows 0 registered is a mistake in the SQL query or script that is used to produce that tally. Because if you actually follow the link, you'll notice 14 are listed.

Oh, and on the SC-1 versus the SC-3 you have to know this: the SC-3 is a great guitar but EVERYBODY wants to show off their SC-1. So if you know about the Registry ... :happy0007:

- Jos

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:51 am

Hi Ed:

Great start to the week. I have registered my three G&Ls.

Here's a photo of me from a while back, with a guitar I won in a raffle.

Here's one of myself, taken by me, doing my favourite thing!

Not sure what's for lunch yet, my wife will let me know when its ready, lol.

Alf

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 am

yowhatsshakin wrote: And why it shows 0 registered is a mistake in the SQL query or script that is used to produce that tally. Because if you actually follow the link, you'll notice 14 are listed.

- Jos

I found and fixed the coding error. :oops:

:ugeek:

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 am

Here's a picture taken Saturday at Dean and Cathy's 40th Anniversary Party.
Me and my daughter Madeline with Judy and Adam singing and playing:

I register all my G&L's publically and do periodically search dealer websites to register those
which show the serial numbers. As most probably know, I am the Registry Admin, too.

Good start this week Ed. :thumbup:

--Craig

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 am

Wow, you guys are good.

And a handsome lot to boot. :luv: Ha! - ed

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:44 am

I don't know about this new format for getting lunch reporters, the nomination process worked for years untill Craig got antsy about a few open mikes. I know I would not have done my recent reports unless I was nominated, even though I was very busy with work and other matters, being a faithfull old timer on this board I did my duty! I guess we'll never see a lunch report from Darth again and even though Craig is on this site daily, he's NEVER done a lunch report, let's see if he steps up to the plate.

If I had the time to make a great lunch today I'd have the grill going, two cheese burgers with some grilled fresh veggies from my garden and an ice cold stella.

I did notice on my reg page a lot of the guitars I've sold have never been registered by the new owners.

gary

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:14 am

Ed, I had Chicken Noodle soup and veggies for lunch. Thanks for duty this week!

I do register all my G&L's and they are public.

I can see showing pictures of old guitars. Are there not any young guys on this forum???? You asked so here goes. This is current as of 20 minutes go. Jos, I am assuming the picture of you looking like a kid was taken last week :roll:

I am surprised that there are only 2 transparent Red Z-3's with a Bigsby registered. I thought everyone one would want one!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks Darwin! But why the long face? :happy0007:

- ed

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Ed, Great start this week! I am enjoying everyone's pictures. Nice to be able to put a face to the names.

Darwin, three things come to mind when I saw your picture. 1, great shirt! :happy0007: 2, that room amazes me every time you post a picture of it, and 3, you truly are living the dream!

I publicly register all of my G&L's and I browse through it quite often.

Here is a photo of my ugly mug. It's the most recent picture of me, taken last Friday in Detroit with my wife Julie and Ace Frehley. We got to meet with him in a conference room in the GM tower before his show. It was a fun night.

Thanks,
Dave

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm

RampageFan wrote:Hi Ed, Great start this week! I am enjoying everyone's pictures. Nice to be able to put a face to the names.

Darwin, three things come to mind when I saw your picture. 1, great shirt! :happy0007: 2, that room amazes me every time you post a picture of it, and 3, you truly are living the dream!

I publicly register all of my G&L's and I browse through it quite often.

Here is a photo of my ugly mug. It's the most recent picture of me, taken last Friday in Detroit with my wife Julie and Ace Frehley. We got to meet with him in a conference room in the GM tower before his show. It was a fun night.

Thanks,
Dave
you look pretty cool, but i can barely recognize ace in the baseball cap.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 pm

here is a mugshot, just taken. since it's a mugshot, didn't think smiling was appropriate. btw, i look much friendlier here than on my driver's license pic.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Mine are all in the registry, publicly too. Its a neat I recently sold my sparkly ASAT and while I thought it was registered in my name, it was still in the name of the previous owner.

Pretty friendly looking bunch we have here! Except Louis, you look ready to attack at any moment :lol:

Here's a flattering one of me from a couple of months ago, taken during a gig by a photographer friend.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:Mine are all in the registry, publicly too. Its a neat I recently sold my sparkly ASAT and while I thought it was registered in my name, it was still in the name of the previous owner.

Pretty friendly looking bunch we have here! Except Louis, you look ready to attack at any moment :lol:

Here's a flattering one of me from a couple of months ago, taken during a gig by a photographer friend.

i only look like that. the idea is that i don't have to. :mrgreen: i go for a walk with this guy

ImageImage

and people clear my side of the street. the funny part is that he is just a big goofball. but the image of the 2 of us together is too much for most people.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:59 pm

You guys didn't let me down!

Jos: I suspected you'd come through with some Registry insights. Would a strict constructionist not want the number of Trinity models bumped up to reflect the actual number built? Should the be counted among its brethren? And if not, should it not have it's own category and be among the rarest of the rare? And great catch on that coding error (or whatever it was). You got Craig to blush, and that's always a treat!
Ha!

astutzmann: Any tickets to that raffle left? Wow! btw, pleased to meet you, though I confess I'm not certain from the second photo what your favorite thing might be. Yes, you may enjoy skiing. But is it possible that you get some secret pleasure from impersonating Darth Vader???? Ha again! (What do YOU think, Dave?)

Craig: Really happy to see you respond here. I'm touched! 8-) You and Dean. Always you and Dean. I have to say that your beautiful wife provides some great cover. :lol: I hope to look as good as you when I get to be your age!

Duck/gary: One day I want to hang out in your music shed during a once-in-a-century blizzard. Seriously.

Darwin: I'd have one of them Red Z-3's myself if those pickups didn't tend to magnify my woefully poor technique (but you're right of course). Can I give you a hug?

Rampage Dave: Great mug shot. Thanks so much! I bet you've got some great stories..... Good thing is, we've got some time.

Louis: I'm just damn glad you're on our team. I think.... :greet: Ha! But it's a dog eat man world, no?

Blarg: I'm flattered! :lolno: But the sparkly ASAT. Dear god!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey Ed,

Good idea - Cool to be able to put some faces to the names so to speak. Nice mug shot btw.

Here's a very recent photo of me and my main axe - taken bout an hour ago on our deck...

Lunch today was a steak & cheese pie w/ some tomato sauce (ketchup) + some Charlie's lemonade.

I register my gats tho sometimes it takes me a while to do so. I haven't really noticed any curious things re the registry but haven't spent much time checking it out either. Recently tho, I scrolled thru the Broadcaster section and found that somewhat interesting.

Nice start to the week, Ed -

Cheers,
KF

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:36 am

HI Ed:

Thanks. I have been a skier since I was 6, was a ski instructor at age 17 and during my 20s and 30s I gave it up. Fell back in love with the sport and enjoy it more now than ever.

Also, am clean shaven for 10 months a year, then come ski season, goatee or beard, every year, lol.

I actually have won 2 guitars on raffles on lefty frets, which is the other forum I frequent daily.

Last night I saw The Dark Knight and for sure, Louis could have played BAIN, or at least been a standin for Tom Hardy!!

Alf

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Here is a picture of me:

BTW, Ed is no moron. He is very nice guy working hard to raise a family.

I register my G&Ls, publicly, so that they can be part of the database that helps on G&L research.

I am playing in Germantown MD.this weekend at La Mexicana on Saturday night,if any local G&Lers want to come out I'll be glad to see you.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Great photos, KF and Bill. Much appreciated.

Bill, you're even more handsome in person. And thanks for the kind words. :clap:

Happy to see that so many of us register our G&L guitars here. Great resource and worth the small effort! - ed

btw, Bill, I have company in town and a party on Saturday evening, but maybe I'll be able to slip over to La Mexicana later in the evening with a friend or three and say hi for a few numbers....

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Me and my son sporting matching guitar straps.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Ed,

Late to the party (again), but I got 5 minutes to myself with the droid phone to upload a mug shot.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Great shot, Philby. Thanks!

Jag, you sure you're old enough to have kids? Ha! Handsome boy! Good on you! - ed

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 am

Sorry I missed your LR week Ed. FTR, here's a "self-portrait" of yours truly the *Stratogenarian taken just a few days ago:

I never thought twice about registering my G&Ls publicly and I rarely (as in almost never) browse the registry so I don't have a clue what "curious things" you're referring to. ;-)

* For those who don't know, a "Stratogenarian" is a guitar player who was born the same year as the Fender Stratocaster--1954. Ches is another G&LDP "old timer" who also happens to be a Stratogenarian.

--GDub

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Fantastic shot, gw! Very artistic, actually.

Now there will be no doubt who I'm buying those drinks for when you make it to MD. :banana: - ed

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey Ed,

I too am really late to the party......

This has been one of the best summers in the 1000 islands since i was a kid! Lots of time on the water - which means little time on the old computer. Anyway, i really enjoyed the week and here is the mug from the weekend

Cheers
Scott

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Great photo, Scott.

You wouldn't have room for a moron there, would you.

Do you fish by any chance, or like to have a couple on or by the water? - ed

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 am

Here's my mug shot, Ed.

The corn behind me is a special breed that grows very tall. So far the best I've done with it is 14' stalks. I think the record is around 18'. I'm sorry that I'm a week late posting this. Work has been crazy busy plus I've had 5 nights of racing over the past two weeks.

Sprinter 92

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am

Wow, it's been a long time since I checked in here....LOL Probably 2 years. I see some names and pics I recognize.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

Slick wrote:Wow, it's been a long time since I checked in here....LOL Probably 2 years. I see some names and pics I recognize.

Welcome back, slick!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah great to see you again, Slick!

And Sprinter, that's a fantastic photo. Amazing corn. Does it produce something edible? - ed

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm

zapcosongs wrote: Sprinter, that's a fantastic photo. Amazing corn. Does it produce something edible? - ed

It does have ears but they don't amount to much. It's mostly an ornamental corn.

Sprinter 92

Re: Mug Shot Monday

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm

At Bonneville Salt Flats earlier this month:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Great shot, Brock! That wouldn't happen to be Brooke Bond in your bottle, eh? -ed

Wow, this has been a fun exercise! Thank you all! My company leaves tomorrow, and I hope to tie up some loose ends before the end of this week - or next, lol! I also have a NGD to share. - ed

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

You're close, Ed. It's Tejava tea in a bottle. Highly recommended (though not over brewing when convenient). Cheaper than the Lipton Pure Leaf and better too. I get the one liter glass bottles, which is what I have in the picture. Tejava is in some Safeway stores and also Cost Plus World Market.

Tejava!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 am

I'll look for it. Thanks! - ed

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:16 pm

A super-late pic addition:

It's a little grainy due to bad lighting... or the camera just doesn't like me.

Cheers,

Will

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:53 pm

The camera may not care much for you Will, but we like you a bunch! Thanks for the photo. It's actually rather nice. - ed