Let there be Tuesday, July 10.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Before it gets to be July 11 here.

So, how's the summer going for you and yours? What are you up to, and what has been fun?

G&L: How has G&L contributed to your summer enjoyment?

I'll reply to me tomorrow, after I've had some sleep. Long day. Sleep well. - ed

Re: Let there be Tuesday, July 10.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 pm

what? no mention that you're a moron? ;) love ya Ed! keep kicking!!!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 pm

jonc wrote:what? no mention that you're a moron? ;) love ya Ed! keep kicking!!!

maybe he converted to a different religion?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:40 am

zapcosongs wrote:So, how's the summer going for you and yours?

It's been hotter than hell and miserable so far.

zapcosongs wrote:What are you up to, and what has been fun?

My annual fishing trip to Minnesota was fun! I also made a quick stop at Willies American Guitars in St. Paul. I watched Tony Stewart drive a sprint car at Eagle Raceway in Nebraska. That's been the extent of my summer fun. The heat has killed the rest of the summer.

zapcosongs wrote:G&L: How has G&L contributed to your summer enjoyment?

G&L, hasn't contributed much to my summer. I haven't been doing much with any of my guitars lately.

Sprinter 92

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 am

heat!!!! oh I wish.......... we have had more rain fall here in "summer" than I can remember :( some places had 1 months rain in 1 day!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-18781179

john :D

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:12 am

Ed, good to hear your still hanging in there! The heat here has been brutal. We did an outdoor last Saturday afternoon and it was hot.

Nothing new from G&L recently. I looked at some yesterday but I am only looking since I picked up the new to me van.

Sprinter, Is that a picture from Alexandria?

Interesting tidbit from this weekend. People are sometimes surprised when we tell them that we are traveling back to the cities after a gig. Last weekend, my daughter Kari mentioned to someone that she loved the travel time to have the time with her dad. What a warm fuzzy!! -- Darwin

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks for chiming in, guys.

Forgot to mention yesterday's lunch. Leftover pizza, watermelon.

Things here have been crazy. In addition to everything else going on, we had company from Germany, and it is Swim Team Season. For those who haven't experienced it, it's kind of like a ten week boot camp for kids and parents alike. Practices AM and PM every weekday. Two meets per week. Early wake ups. Some long drives for "away" meets. Lineup issues. Volunteering to help with meets and team activities. The all important seed times, personal bests, relays, medleys. And it has been HOT.

All this ends the last week of this month, so looking forward to August.

In the midst of everything, we just adopted another dog yesterday. Sad story, actually. Maybe I'll talk about it next month when I hope to get nominated to be LR again (not this month, please!).

As far as the G&L portion, my oldest is at a rock camp and has taken up bass. He is using my Leo-era SB-2, so this is a point of pride for me. So there is some G&L goodness in this hot and hectic summer.

Sprinter: Great photo. I'd love to fish with you sometime!

Darwin: You are so blessed to have music (and such a great relationship) with your daughter. So happy for both of you.

Louis: I have not converted. Still a moron. Does that mean I can have a second woman? Ha! - ed

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 am

What a summer so far. This heat is excessive. Sprinter, hope your trip to MN went well. Too bad no G&L Jam & fish fry... Keep cool.

Cheers,

Will

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:11 pm

darwinohm wrote:Sprinter, Is that a picture from Alexandria?

Yes, that picture was taken in Alexandria! That's Lake Le Homme Dieu which is on the north side of town.

Sprinter 92

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Sprinter: Great photo. I'd love to fish with you sometime!

Sounds like fun, Ed!

Sprinter 92

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

willross wrote: Sprinter, hope your trip to MN went well.

The trip was good for me, but not so good for my uncle and cousin. My uncles car (Ford) had engine failure 30 miles north of Des Moines. While in Minnesota my cousin got a call telling him that the company he worked for had been sold and everyone was fired.

willross wrote: Too bad no G&L Jam & fish fry... Keep cool.

Will, that sounds like a good idea and a good time! :thumbup:

Sprinter 92

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:54 pm

zapcosongs wrote:So, how's the summer going for you and yours? What are you up to, and what has been fun?

G&L: How has G&L contributed to your summer enjoyment?

Summer this year has been GOOD! I quit my 15 year commute grind, puzzle solving, programmer job at the end of May and have been REALLY ENJOYING the time off.

As for G&L brightening up my summer experience... I've been gigging a lot and the G&Ls keep on ticking. All good.

--GDub

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Torrential downpours in the UK, scorching heatwaves in the USA and one of the coldest, wettest, most miserable winters in southern Australia for the last 25 years. What's going on with the planet?

Glad to hear you're still a moron, Ed. It's good to have a few constants in life. :D

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Philby wrote:Torrential downpours in the UK, scorching heatwaves in the USA and one of the coldest, wettest, most miserable winters in southern Australia for the last 25 years. What's going on with the planet?

We're being warned, but, unfortunately, it's too late because the messenger is reeking the havoc. Yeah, them hippies was right!

[youtube]GKh40rsBHjo[/youtube]

The trio is Paul Rogers on accordion and vocals, Lewis Wallace on bass and Ian Luke on drums. This was taken while we were all on a Pacific Northwest tour back in March. Lewis was the bass player in my band for six years and Ian is our current drummer (note "The Mad Maggies" drum head). One big happy family ;^).

Oh, and if you don't think accordions can ROCK, check out the video from 3:30 on. Paul make that contraption RAWK!

--GDub

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:41 pm

GDub, congratulations on your new found freedom. I can appreciate because in April, I exited a similar industry. It was almost 12 years in the biz for me... excluding the early 80's when I learned machine language in Military school. Now it's time for everything else... I dig that Rock Accordion too; I capitalized because it's that good!

Cheers,

Will

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Hey gw - Fantastic video!. Yep, Paul Rogers rocks the bag! And Mr. Wallace on bass - what the hell is he playing? Sounds great, and though it clearly is not a G&L, for some reason, the control plate looks very SC/SB to me. Anyhow, I like it! What are your Canadian plans, and when the he*l are you going to visit your friends in the Baltimore area? I'd still relish the chance to buy you a beer (and a crab cake, of course!). - ed

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 am

zapcosongs wrote:Thanks for chiming in, guys.

Forgot to mention yesterday's lunch. Leftover pizza, watermelon.

Things here have been crazy. In addition to everything else going on, we had company from Germany, and it is Swim Team Season. For those who haven't experienced it, it's kind of like a ten week boot camp for kids and parents alike. Practices AM and PM every weekday. Two meets per week. Early wake ups. Some long drives for "away" meets. Lineup issues. Volunteering to help with meets and team activities. The all important seed times, personal bests, relays, medleys. And it has been HOT.

All this ends the last week of this month, so looking forward to August.

In the midst of everything, we just adopted another dog yesterday. Sad story, actually. Maybe I'll talk about it next month when I hope to get nominated to be LR again (not this month, please!).

As far as the G&L portion, my oldest is at a rock camp and has taken up bass. He is using my Leo-era SB-2, so this is a point of pride for me. So there is some G&L goodness in this hot and hectic summer.

Sprinter: Great photo. I'd love to fish with you sometime!

Darwin: You are so blessed to have music (and such a great relationship) with your daughter. So happy for both of you.

Louis: I have not converted. Still a moron. Does that mean I can have a second woman? Ha! - ed

as long as you wear your magic underwear :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 am

You mean the ones that turn tricks? ;+) - ed

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 am

zapcosongs wrote:Hey gw - Fantastic video!. Yep, Paul Rogers rocks the bag! And Mr. Wallace on bass - what the hell is he playing? Sounds great, and though it clearly is not a G&L, for some reason, the control plate looks very SC/SB to me. Anyhow, I like it! What are your Canadian plans, and when the he*l are you going to visit your friends in the Baltimore area? I'd still relish the chance to buy you a beer (and a crab cake, of course!). - ed

Hey Ed,

Lewis' bass is a Music Man Stingray. He's had it forever (well, at least as long as I've known him). He played bass with us (The Mad Maggies) from 2004 - 2009 and still subs on the occasional gig. Paul is the frontman for Those Darn Accordions (arguably the best Rock accordion band going). Lewis has been their bass player for well over a decade. They called this power trio "The Darn" and got our drummer, Ian, doing double duty during our 10 day Pacific Northwest tour back in March. So Ian was just "sitting in." The venue was The Upstage in Port Townsend, WA.

Canada is in the works, but, as with most every major life change, things are moving slowly. We will no doubt be in Maryland visiting our friends in the Fall. When depends on a few things: first is further Canada exploration and second is a possible band tour to the DC area. I let you know when I know so we can argue about who's buying who a beer. ;-)

--GDub
Last edited by GDub on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 pm

willross wrote:GDub, congratulations on your new found freedom. I can appreciate because in April, I exited a similar industry. It was almost 12 years in the biz for me... excluding the early 80's when I learned machine language in Military school. Now it's time for everything else... I dig that Rock Accordion too; I capitalized because it's that good!

Thanks Will, and congrats to you too! Time for everything else indeed! Onward...

Sláinte!

--GDub