July 5th 2012

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 am

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday and that none of Sprinter’s fields burned down!

I normally do a big fireworks display on the fourth but the hayfield behind my house was way too dry to take a chance so we went down to the lake to watch some of the big displays.
Another hot one today but I'm not complaining, could be looking at this!

Lunch today? Who knows, I normally don’t get lunch till about 3pm

Today is the story of the baby house/jammin cabin. A friend of mine bought about a dozen of these cabins from a girl scout camp that was upgrading, I’ve had this baby for about 20 years now. When I first got it, it was set up as a playhouse for my daughter, she named it “the baby house” and the name stuck. When she grew out of it I took over and turned it into the jammin cabin. It’s fully equipped with drums, bass rig and at least two guitar rigs, when my friends stop by they don’t have to lug any gear as it’s all here and ready to rock! If you plan on stopping by next weekend, I’ll supply the food just bring your own beer.

I’ve been doing a little remodeling this year, adding some larger windows and a new door to come so this is the latest in the season to open, first small jam was Tuesday evening, I’ve still got a lot of gear to move out there.

Here are some pics I took this morning.

Here are some pics from past years.

Do you have a jam/practice space? If so I’d love to see it, whether it’s your man cave, garage, basement, studio, bedroom, whatever, let’s see them pics of your gear!!!!!!

Have a great day

Gary

Re: July 5th 2012

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Gary,

I dig the "Baby House" which looks to be a fairly large structure to haul in on the back of a truck. How did they deliver it?

I gather that you don't use it during the winter, but how hard would it be to insulate it and put in a small heater so that you could have some winter jams?

Here is a close up of my Fender Showman, which is in my personal jam studio:

A better shot of my L-1000 in front of the Ampegs:

Here is the best perspective shot of my studio with an L1k, L2k and S-500 on display:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:35 pm

yeah, I have a practice space... its what I do for a living!! does that count ;)

http://www.oneeyedog.co.uk
john

Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Safely survived the 4th too. Here some pics of my man cave, or more particularly my work bench and my mini-stack I use most now:
Have a few more effects pedals now:

- Jos

Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Gary, i have been gone but will check you reports next Monday when I am back. That is one cool man cave and I bet the daughter loved it when she was young!- - Darwin

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Bassman, the baby house was delivered on a flatbed being towed by a truck with a crane on it. I thought about winter jams in there but we do get a little snow around here.

I have an indoor space for jammin but it can get a bit tight in there, no more then three people at a time and it gets expensive to do a saturday jam because I have to send my wife out shopping, she doesn't care much for us rockin the house, we start off on the mellow side, but you know how it is after multiple beers.

One eyedog your space is way too clean, I'd be scared of spilling a newki brown on the floor, your sensory room is way cool!!!!

Yo, love that mesa rig very sweet

Gary

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:18 pm

The Baby Room is fantastic. Looks like a great jam room should :thumbup:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:13 pm

here is a pic from last night. i tried to take a panoramic of my practice room, didn't work out well.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 pm

[quote="louis cyfer"]here is a pic from last night. i tried to take a panoramic of my practice room, didn't work out well.

Image[/quote

Louis: Though somewhat overexposed, your photo kind of puts us well in our place and gives us some perspective to boot.

I like it. A lot. Thanks - ed

WSD: Sorry I've been MIA this week. And the last few weeks, come to think of it. We're in Week 3 of Swim Team Season here. The kids have twice-daily practices and meets and various day camps. My old parents require lots of propping up .

I go downstairs to an unholy mess of forgotten toys and good old books and lifetime memorabilia when I'm able, after the kids are finally to bed. I typically pick up my late '90's Guild acoustic that my wife got me upon tying the knot (after trying many) and I manage usually to play alone a set list of decent amateur songs that few people have ever heard.

Love the Winter scenes, Duck. Best time of year - by a country mile. Anybody who disagrees needs just to warm up to it a bit. Ha! Wonderful week, and sorry. - ed

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:21 pm

ed, here is another one. i was playing with different length exposure as the moon looked spectacular. i kind of prefer the the slightly overexposed look, it gives more of a feeling of the celestial body. i should have done some hdr shots, but some clouds moved in before i had a chance.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Perfect. Thanks! - ed

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:56 am

westsideduck wrote: I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday and that none of Sprinter’s fields burned down!

The pasture survived! There was a small fire to the north of me.

westsideduck wrote:Another hot one today but I'm not complaining, could be looking at this!

I'll take cold and snow any day over the heat! It's easy to dress warmly. There's no such thing as dressing comfortably for the heat.

westsideduck wrote:Do you have a jam/practice space?

I wish I had a dedicated guitar room. I usually play in the bedroom or living room.

Sprinter 92