Fourth of July

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am

Happy Fourth of July fellow GBL'ers

Lunch report will be short and sweet today as I have two parties to attend before getting out to the lake to watch the fireworks and I'm running late already!!

What are you plans for this holiday?

I'm also slow due to a bit of a hangover, last night was the first jam of the season out in the jammin cabin, my uncle came over to tune my drums, my old lead player happened to stop by and we were wailing till midnight. The cabin is getting a bit of a makeover this year, new windows and doors and I don't have all my gear out there yet, the story of the jammin cabin comming up tomorrow.

Again, sorry for the short report today but i've got to get moving.

Here's some random G&L pics,

Re: Fourth of July

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 am

so................. whats with all the flags 'n stuff then? some holiday or somethin? ;)
john

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 am

oneeyedog wrote:so................. whats with all the flags 'n stuff then? some holiday or somethin? ;)
john

i am not sure. i think people are celebrating wednesday here. all i know is i am going to work.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm

westsideduck wrote:

I'm planning on staying out of the heat as much as possible. It's 100 degrees again today and extremely dry here in Missouri. I'll spend the evening watching the pasture and yard for fires. A lot of places around here have banned aerial fireworks due to the dry conditions, but that won't stop my dumb-ass neighbor.

Sprinter 92

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 pm

westsideduck wrote:

BBQ over at friends. I have enjoyed my 4th so far by watching CERN presentations on their discovery of a Higgs-like particle. For me as a physicist, that is what you call fireworks!

Have a fun 4th but be careful with fireworks. As an old Dutch infomercial points out, it is an excellent treatment for acne when it blows up in your face! :think:

- Jos

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Great guitars! From yesterday: I have a few guns too. They are literally dusty from use... Ha ha. Here's a pic of me and one from a movie poster:

Favorite guitar:

I hope everyone is having a good day; it's also my birthday...

Cheers,

Will

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Happy B'Day Will

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:44 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
westsideduck wrote:

BBQ over at friends. I have enjoyed my 4th so far by watching CERN presentations on their discovery of a Higgs-like particle. For me as a physicist, that is what you call fireworks!

Have a fun 4th but be careful with fireworks. As an old Dutch infomercial points out, it is an excellent treatment for acne when it blows up in your face! :think:

- Jos

i was just reading up on the new findings on higgs boson. very fascinating. almost there.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Stuck in the office today for another couple of hours. Such is the glamorous life of a computer nerd.
This is the first July 4th I've worked in years. Kind of a drag as I do loves me a good fireworks display. But on the plus side
when today is over I start a 2 week vacation.

So Happy 4th 'o July to all, and happy birthday to Will
stay safe and have fun,

Jeff

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Hey Duck,

No reply other than an old group shot--without flags:

(My Lucida Picado flamenco nylon string is missing from this photo.)

I still have them all. Nothing new.

Happy Independence Day to you and yours.

--GDub

Oops, forgot one (how could I forget my SC-2??):

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:55 am

[Image

Happy belated Independence Day for all U.S citizens! The SB basses came in Red, White and Blue so this is my Patriotic post.

I own a white SB-2, first generation bass,just like the one in the ad, and it is a fantastic bass.
Here it is:

Here are my 2 L-1000s with my early SB2. This shot is for Brock!

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 am

Here are my 2 L-1000s with my early SB2. This shot is for Brock!

Yes it is! Mahogany bodied L-1000s and a first-style SB-2.

I appreciate the article too.

-Brock