LR: Monday, June 4

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:38 am

Well hey ya'll. It is me Woof back again.

Before I kick it off my thanks to Jay for giving me the nod.

Lunch today - basically it sucks. Got one of those Healthy Choice Steamer meals along with some pita bread and veggie dip. Not that the stuff tastes bad but there sure ain't much of it - which I guess is where the healthy part comes in. We did not get a chance to go shopping this weekend so this is pretty much what was available.

For our first activity I wanted to do something for the metal heads and shredders out there. But ya'll can join in. Somebody sent me this and I thought it was a whole lotta a fun so figured I would pass it on. Lets hear those band names. My next band will be Witch's Spawn.

G&L stuff.

OK, not sure if this has been covered but would anybody else out there like to see a G&L 12 string guitar? If I recall there was some discussion at one point about making a Z-12 but am not sure what ever became of it. So, is this something anybody else besides me would like to see?
Would you prefer they utilize one of their existing body shapes or go for something totally new and different. What pickups?

Sorry but I gotta make this one a bit quick cuz I gotta run. See ya'll tomorrow.
Last edited by zombywoof on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: LR: Monday, June 4

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 am

Hey 'Woof. Holy Secrets here. Heh, heh.... Fun!

Lunch: Toasted onion bagel, tuna salad, half banana, iced tea.

Going to the kids' school in a moment for a reading of poems that the kids have written. Hope it's open bar, ha! So I need to keep this quick.

12-string G&L: I LOVE the sound of 12-string guitars, but I'll never own another one. I'm a real stickler for tuning, and by the time I get a twelver tuned up to sound good to my ears, it's time to go to bed!

Nice start. Go shopping! - ed

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 am

Jeremy with Forsaken Angels checking in.

I would love to see the Z-12. I don't enough about pickups to really help. I don't care that much about the body, I guess I would prefer not super pointy. But in Forsaken Angles we just go with it.

jg

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 am

Evil Soliders here.

12 strings would be great. To get G&L to make one, you have to put the person in charge into a choke hold till he screams mercy. We all been head banging, but no avail.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Insane Rage checking in.

Dean Coy made a Z-12 and David Crosby took it on tour. As I recall, it went over well. Here's a link:

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY/OWNERCUSTOM/Z-12.html

I'm not a 12-string guy. I have enough trouble with 6!
Ches

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

forbidden rage.

i don't care much for 12 strings. i can get a decent approximation with my ehx pog2.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't think my new band Bloody Spawn would have much use for a 12 string but one like this would be fine.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Forsaken Empire Henchmen (double barrel surname) here. I don't envy anyone eating pre-made diet foods. Hope you can get yourself a burger before too long

I'll take a 12 string if its part of a double neck!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Black Magic Angel. OK, I cheated a bit to get that name, but I like it.

I love the 60s jangly 12-string sound, the sound actually also carried forward into the 70s and 80s. For that reason I picked up a cheap Daisy Rock 12 string a few years ago, which I have never played outside of the house, although I do still pick it up and play some Beatles or other jangly riff every once in a while. Due to the fact that a 12 string will never be more than an "occasional" instrument I just can't see spending a lot of money on one.

Kit

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:04 pm

My new Metal band "Insane Rage" will write their signature song on a 12 string through a Marshall! Wow! I bet that's never been done before. LOL

A G&L 12 string would be sweet, but I don't know if it will pay for itself. Use the S-body with Z coils. It would be a great guitar.

A guitarist friend has a Danelectro 12 string. It sounds great when its in tune.

Eat the Healthy Choice dinner, Zomby. I'll guarantee that you'll be hungry again in 20 minutes.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:28 pm

"Bloody Thorn" checking in.

12 strings are fun, but limited.

--GDub

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:31 pm

bassman wrote:My new Metal band "Insane Rage" will write their signature song on a 12 string through a Marshall! Wow! I bet that's never been done before. LOL

A G&L 12 string would be sweet, but I don't know if it will pay for itself. Use the S-body with Z coils. It would be a great guitar.

A guitarist friend has a Danelectro 12 string. It sounds great when its in tune.

Eat the Healthy Choice dinner, Zomby. I'll guarantee that you'll be hungry again in 20 minutes.

an evertune bridge would be a necessity with a 12 string.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:59 pm

My new band is Iron Soldier. I am going to use my daughters 12 string and write a song. I think I will call it Tambourine Man. You never know when you might get a hit!

I ate unhealthy for lunch and it was great. Mashed potatoes, meat loaf smothered in gravy. it is still sticking with me. Speaking of 12 strings, an electric would be okay but an acoustic will get as much use as my other acoustics. I did see an Ovation acoustic recently which kind of interested me but my interests have changed as of last week. i picked up an almost new Town and Country van to carry my band gear. This will slow down the guitar purchases. Isn't it disgusting to have to make choices? -- Darwin :shocked003:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Yo, Iron Soldier.

I don't know why, but I have a real hankering for your lunch, now that it's dinner time (I'm looking at an all-beef frank and home-made cole slaw. Just tell me one thing: Was there any vegetable involved? I think you need a salad, green beans, kale, or something healthy to make it a legitimate choice. - ed

PS: Congratulations on the van. My wife is a CPA, and since you are using it to gig (make money - ha!), she could probably make it fund your retirement. Ha again! - ed

PS: Can you tell I am three in already? Ha once more!!!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Hey Wooof, Forsaken Thorn checking in.

Your lunch is no better OR WORSE than some I've had lately. Annie B & I are watching it again.

I had an electric 12 string & sold it. I kinda miss it. Can't remember the brand. I must say that if it were a quality brand, I'd probably invite one back into the harem just for a little more diversity. On a few songs nothing sounds as good & they do add something special.

Great start. Brief is ok.

Jay

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Yo Ed, I am kicking back and enjoying life myself tonight> Who's counting??? Darwin

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Twelve strings are great. If I ever needed one I would just rent it. My new band " Evil Slaves " would use them for kindling however, its just their style...

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:45 am

Insane Warriors like string options, but in fours. I do have a Danelectro Mod7 guitar that I turned into a four string guitar, and the long term plan is to convert it into an eight string (EADG guitar pitch plus octave up in pairs). I also have a USA Hamer 8 string bass which is bass and guitar pitch EADG string pairs. I'm not a fan of octave effects. Give me strings!

-Brock