Friday 4/27 Lunch Report

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am

Today is picture day, so get out your best stuff.

Lunch today will be a home made sandwich of one sort or another.

Thank you, everyone, for your participation this week. I haven't been able to pop back in and followup much, as this week really took off on me, but I did read through. Again, thank you all!

We didn't even have a bass day! What the hell is the world coming to?! Image

And now, on to my final duty as your Lunch Reporter. In accordance with the G&LDP Guidelines; specifically:

The out-going G&LDP Lunch Reporter shall nominate a replacement. Service in this position is compulsory, and it is considered to be the second highest honor that fellow GbL enthusiasts can bestow upon one of their own.

Should the nominee be unwilling or unable to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities required of the Official G&LDP Lunch Reporter, the nominee must identify an alternative solution acceptable to the outgoing G&LDP Lunch Reporter and the G&LDP Executive Committee. Such a solution may include but is not limited to procuring the services of a mutally acceptable and willing replacement enthusiast. This substitute enthusiast's enthusiasm must have been clearly demonstrated either via posts to the page, or an airbrushed image of him/her appearing on his/her partner's guitar (the latter is known as the Joe Perrone Airbrush Clause.)

With all that in mind, and it is, I hereby nominate darwinohm to be next week's Lunch Reporter.

Today's serious work is done.

As I said above, it's picture day, so here are some links to images. Yes, links.

1024x768 group shot. The L-2000s are now gone to parts unknown. The SB-2 ain't going anywhere.

800x600 Bongo head shot. Unconventional to say the least. Cool bass.

1024x768 L-2500 head shot. All dressed up in red silk (Infeld Superalloys).

640x480 SB-2 head shot. Also wearing Superalloys.

480x640 SB-2.

640x480 L5000 head shot. No longer here.

768x1024 Fullerton El Toro body shot.

1024x768 Fullerton El Toro head shot.

Joe is a monster player from the San Diego area. He's also a helluva lot of fun to be with. This image is from a mini bass bash held in someone's home in late (as I recall) 2008.
2112x2816 (640K) "All The Basses Sat In Rapt Fascination"

3648x2736 (1.9MB) scar shot, 1 month post-op. This to appease Ed. Not bad, but not for the squeamish. The shot taken a few minutes prior didn't look this nice.

Have a great weekend!

Ken…

Re: Friday 4/27 Lunch Report

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:06 am

Just...... Lost....... My......... Lunch......

(Roast beef on Kaiser, cole slaw, cheese doodles, apple, water). Looked better going down than the other way. Thanks Buddy!!! Ha! - ed

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am

LOL...thanks for that zapco ,
(but you know without pictures...)

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

You want I should go back in time?

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 am

I was reefering to Ed's palette du jour,

Let's keep going forward, the past can get heavy

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Is there a story with George Fullerton's signature on the headstock of the SB-2? Do tell! - ed

PS: Great photos (with one obvious exception)!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Is there a story with George Fullerton's signature on the headstock of the SB-2? Do tell!

+!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Is there a story with George Fullerton's signature on the headstock of the SB-2? Do tell! - ed

There was a book signing and general meet & greet at Buffalo Bros years ago. I figured Mr. Fullerton's signature on the headstock would be a nice touch. George, my son Kevin, and me.

PS: Great photos (with one obvious exception)!

Thank you.

RE: the obvious exception.... Be careful what you wish for. There are several more, including a few from 1 WEEK post-op. :twisted:

Ken...

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Elwood wrote:(but you know without pictures...)

You mean...

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:14 pm

i ran outside and snapped a couple of pics.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Great story. Great pic with George and your son.

Wanna sell that instrument? ;+) - ed

btw, enjoy your weekend. Great week. Sorry I didn't have time to participate more. Such is life of late....

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Great story. Great pic with George and your son.

Thanks!

Wanna sell that instrument? ;+) - ed

I don't think so. Besides, Mal has dibs.

btw, enjoy your weekend. Great week. Sorry I didn't have time to participate more. Such is life of late....

You too, Sir. And thanks. Glad you had time to read through.

Ken..

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Love that Bluesboy, Louis. Wow! (and no pickguard required) - ed

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Love that Bluesboy, Louis. Wow! (and no pickguard required) - ed

thank you. i think i may have the only one without a pickguard, at least that was according to john toner at g&l. i certainly love it too. just put the thomastik power bright strings on it, and wow, it sounds even better than before.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Never tried those strings. Just looked them up. A bit pricy for a basement hack like me. I trust they last well? - ed

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:22 am

Louis,

Natural finishes don't usually grab me but your ASAT really works. Very nice looking guitar.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:19 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Never tried those strings. Just looked them up. A bit pricy for a basement hack like me. I trust they last well? - ed

they last very well and the copper coated plain strings don't rust and feel very smooth on the frets, also cause less fret wear.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:20 pm

glvourot wrote:Louis,

Natural finishes don't usually grab me but your ASAT really works. Very nice looking guitar.

thank you. i am certainly enjoying it.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:15 pm

What nut material do you have on that BB? - ed

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:05 pm

zapcosongs wrote:What nut material do you have on that BB? - ed

graphtec. that is the only guitar i haven't put the delron 500cl nut on yet. it has the graphtec stringtree and the delron is white. it also has a buznut