lunch Report, Friday May 20. Ring ring ring ravioli phone.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:28 pm

For lunch today I managed to burn myself some Chef Boyardee ravioli, some days I wonder if I could burn water *sigh*... maybe I should stick to sandwiches.

Its my last day and I must say it has been a real pleasure.

It is only on a forum like this that the lunch report concept could work, now on that note I am glad to announce your next lunch reporter... *drum roll* Dr B!

Thank you so much for accepting Doctor (a title I usually reserve for medical professionals and timelords), I expect next week to be legendary.

Carry that weight.

Now we have covered everything from pedals to capos so whats next?

None other then one of the hardest questions I can imagine...

If G&L were to bring back any feature they have dropped for various reasons which one would you like to see return, at the inclusion of all other ones!!!

So you can have your bicut neck back but no threebolt or you can have your black powder coat back but say goodbye to kahlers on your ASAT.

So what would it be?

And why?

Lest we forget.

Now in Canada Friday can mean a little something more then the beginning of the weekend, there is something called Red Friday.

My father (a veteran) first let me in on this, the idea is on every Friday you wear something red to symbolize your support of the Canadian military, although I think it also applies to all the worlds troops.

It has nothing to do with jingoist objectives or blind patriotism.

They are out there fighting for the rights of people they have never met before so they can have some semblance of a freedom we have here.

So I just though on this Friday we could consider the veterans in our lives and abroad and thank them if we can.

Random links of the day super special levity edition.
[youtube]UHD_53UqBeA[/youtube]
[youtube]yZ8k6fVe25k[/youtube]
[youtube]cbNtYdxB64A[/youtube]

P.S. I’ll be away this weekend so I won’t be in a position to make any responses till Monday.

Re: lunch Report, Friday May 20. Ring ring ring ravioli phone.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Lunch today--haven't had it so it's off to local Saloon for an app and a brew before going to get my daughter from daycare.

Discontinued features. I love the black crinkle finish on some of the Leo era stuff.

It is important to support our service members, thanks for bringing that up and have a great weekend all.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Ahryn, I have really enjoyed you posts this week and they have been a good diversion from other things that I have been working on.

Ginny is back today and I had another turkey on pumpernickle with pickles and horseradish mustard. It worked as she didn't know I had been doing this all week. They are truly great!

If I could go back in time it would be to restore the beautiful, neat and classy, articulate and perfect font size water slide decal on the headstock. G&L has the best guitar on the planet for the money and that would only make it better!!

Good videos and our servicemen are top shelf. Two weeks ago is a good example of what they can do.

Thanks again for the great week!-- Darwin :happy0065:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Good week Ahryn.

I've been meaning to mention that my wife and I honeymooned in Victoria. We enjoyed it very much. Came via ferry via Seattle. Went on to stay in Vancouver, right at the edge of Stanley Park.

Anyhow, count me among those who would like to see black crinkle again. Maybe it could be used and marketed as something that is not only attractive, but is part of a cutting-edge system to reduce single coil hum. Hmmm (pun intended). - ed

Fri May 20, 2011 10:03 pm

I have a pre-CNC/PLEK Legacy and a bicut neck and I love the guitar to death and ideally, if I were to get a second one, I'd like it to have the same feel so maybe I'd like it similarly spec'ed and constructed. But then my next G&L purchase would be a used ASAT and I'd look for a pre-2006. Don't know if that answers your question.

Mon May 23, 2011 4:36 pm

belated thanks for the responses guys, looks like the black crinkle should make a comeback... maybe as an up charge?

cool CGT I only have seen one Bi-Cut neck in person and it looked and felt amazing, surely one feature I would not mind seeing especially for all maple necks.

thanks for all the support Darwin, that sounds like one heck of a sandwich and has my mouth watering.

cool Zapco, did you see any of the sights in Victoria? Stanley park can sure be beautiful I hope you managed to see it on a sunny day.

Mon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm

We spent a whole day at Butchart Bardens, which was just amazing. We took one of those airplane tour of the island - the one that takes off and returns to the harbour. We had tea at that old hotel, the name of which escapes me, and had lots of fun just driving around and exploring.
Real nice part of the universe you have there. Look forward to going back one day. Again, fine week! - ed