Friday Lunch Report

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:05 am

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for joining in this week. I'm off today, so I am very thankful...it's nice to work at a place that allows us to have flex time (9 hr days with every other Friday off).

And the nomination is...
By the power invested in me in Section VIII.22.357 of the manual, and by the power of Grayskull, I hereby nominate zapcosongs to be next week's Lunch Reporter. If the world were to end before Monday, then this nomination is null and void.
What say ye Ed?

LUNCH
Lunch will be Chick-fil-A....I don't feel like cookin....plus both kids are home today and it will be a good surprise for them (Cece has a lowgrade fever and a cough...and we decided to let JT stay home and mash play-doh into the carpet here instead at preschool). I love their chicken strips...and for some reason I love ketchup more with those waffle fries....and warsh it down with a sweet tea.

G&L TOTD
The Bluesboy....I want one...but I can't justify buying one. I really like the pickups...and the sweet middle position. Who here has one? Do you like it?

Post your pics!
Here's some of mine...which you all have probably seen.

Curves

Boards

Trunks

Bass Pro Shops (did I mention that I like to doctor up photos)

I was working this week next to this 1924 era power plant. The building is gutted and there are new units nearby. This building has very beautiful architecture...they don't make them like they used to.

Here's a 1986 ASAT I used to own...Jay do you still have it?

And now for something completely different

Jaw Drop!
[youtube]tVoqA-LKGb4[/youtube]

Bottom Drop!
[youtube]iN42uzNFVmQ[/youtube]

Jenga Drop!
[youtube]F0QTar0MEwc[/youtube]

Thanks for all the fun this week!

Re: Friday Lunch Report

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Great week and pics as usual. I now have flex time everyday.

I like the shot of the neck contrasts. It looks like you first in line has abalone dots on it. I didn't know G&L was using them but my recent BB has them also.

I have two Blues Boys. One is a Mahogany special build and the other is a 2008 that I picked up a week ago. By next Tuesday the new one will have undergone a complete transformation. I will post pics on what I have done. The parts will be here today. Both my BBs have 12 inch radius which I was surprised by, but my recent must have been a special order. I do like them. Good pix of the plant and the guitar that Jaystings had or still has. Looking forward to next week Ed.-- :banana: Darwin.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Hey Chris

No lunch here today, but I do not own a bluesboy either. I drool over one all the time, even though I just orderred a new monster (it could have been a bluesboy, but let's be honest it doesn't cover any bases I don't have in separate guitars). The middle position is the only way to justify it, but getting a lot of nice fat warmth out of the neck on my Special is good enough. And the middle position with a 4 way mod is amazing (the series one, I wired my switch Bridge, bridge+neck series, bridge+neck parallel, neck).

Football video was rather amazing, and dang thats a lot of bass. that bottom was huuuuugeeee. Jenga fail! haha.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:23 pm

ImageImage

Drew was impressive. Nice physics too 8-)

- Jos

Edit: fix image link after album was lost.
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:40 pm

darwinohm wrote:I like the shot of the neck contrasts. It looks like you first in line has abalone dots on it. I didn't know G&L was using them but my recent BB has them also.

The 1st one isn't a G&L...but my 2000 PRS Custom 22

My 2007 Legacy does have black pearloid markers...

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm

No BluesBoy for me. I basically use Legacy-bodies--I currently have nine Legacys; and two each of the Comanche, S-500, and Legacy Special models. I do have a very lonely ASAT Deluxe. It is a very beautiful guitar with a three-color sunburst top and red-stained mahogany back, and a DF Vibrato. Very unique guitar. However, I prefer to get my 2HB tones from either my Les Pauls, 335s or Ibanez Ghostriders, so the AD doesn't get used very much.

Bill

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm

I have a Bluesboy. A semi-hollow one with no F-hole which I custom ordered - Spanish Copper, #1 neck, locking tuners, gun-oil gloss.

I love it. It's simply one of the best, most versatile guitars I've ever played. I put a different bridge pickup in mine (an OC Duff Plankster) which sounds great. The Seth Lover pickup is a thing of beauty and is the best pickup you could have there. I recently went around to a few shops and tried out other t-type guitars with neck humbuckers and they all seemed out of balance (much, much louder) with the bridge pickup - even on the $5600 Trussart I tried! If you get one I'd highly recommend the semi-hollow one.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Yeah, I got a glossy black Bluesboy with a GOTBE neck. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Don't have a pic & it's too cole outside.

But I have a Cp Thornton Classic that is just about my fave all-time axe. It's his version of a Bluesboy. Only 6# heavy & the most tone anyone can imagine coming from a T-body. Love the 5-way switch, but most of all just love playing it. Hardest guitar to put down I've ever known. Looks awesome and, well, just what I ordered. I'd never seen one before, because it was in Chuck's first batch of that model. I went to see him in Maine. He fed me a home-cooked lobster dinner with wine. My first look at the guitar was when it sat a few feet from his table. I, naturally, skipped dessert just to get my hands on that baby. I played it thru his Fender Deluxe Reverb & loved everything about it. When I got home with it, I bought Ches' FDR just because I could not get that wonderful tone out of my head. That was almost 2 years ago, and it is still like a magnet to me when I enter the room & see it.

In my opinion, about the finest guiter on the planet at any price.

Great job this week, Kodor.

(and yes, I still have the 86 ASAT.... love it, too)

Jay

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:19 am

Hey Chris
Great week - enjoyed the pics and clips, but family priorities didn't allow me much time to participate these days.

Blues Boy - Don't have one and never seen on in the flesh but they have been number 1 on my G&L must try list for quite some time - particularly the SH models. I do like the Seth Lover's so I can imagine I wouldn't be disappointed Sign ... if only there was a dealer closer than a three and a half hour commercial jet flight.

Pics - I don't post pics of my gear - some will know that story. I'm with you on the old power stations. There a re a couple of old buildings here in Perth that have been lying idle for many many years now - the East Perth Power Station and the South Fremantle Power Station. They would be ideal for some imaginative redevelopment - one is on the river foreshore and the other fronts the ocean - but government proposals for theatres, museums and the like have come and gone with little result to date as the buildings continue to deteriorate. Real shame.

East Perth Power Station

South Fremantle Power Station

Shame that Ed couldn't lead discussions next week but it will be great to hear from Shawn.

Cheers, Robbie

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:01 am

Ahhhh the old Freo power station. That image reminds me of home. Can't say I like the developments that have happened there in recent years - a bunch of tasteless houses in a beautiful spot.

On the industrial architecture: I came across this on Wednesday. It's some sort of tower, purpose unknown to me, at the Thomson Dam high up in the Baw Baw national park. I thought it was stunning, like something out of a Star Wars film. I didn't manage to capture the size of it in the photo, but it's fairly huge.