Thursday Lunch Report

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 am

Great! It's Thursday! Let's keep this fire going!

LUNCH
It will be fast food of some kind...I have to go back to Louisiana 1 more time for work. Two 14-hour days in a row...hopefully I'll be home by 3PM today. This time I won't be able to eat with the crew...so probably a cheeseburger, fries, and a coke.

G&L TOTD
I've never been to the factory....has anyone here been lately? It would be cool to go...but I'd have to catch a plane to go. If you have been...give us some stories.

NON-G&L TOTD
I still haven't taken my Christmas tree down. The lights are off...I'm just so durn busy. I have to tackle it this weekend....thankfully I'm off tomorrow.

Besides you retired folk...is anyone else in the same boat as me....busy "out the wazoo?"

AKFSCD
Classic!
[youtube]E_-KbstEG4E[/youtube]

Chad Vader...Darth's Brother
[youtube]4wGR4-SeuJ0[/youtube]

I need one of these for my rig
[youtube]Opf5jIukSBM[/youtube]

Jaco and Scofield...we're not worthy to eat this Chicken
[youtube]lwhkPSEXs1Q[/youtube]

Tomorrow will be p0rn day...so get ready for some pix tomorrow.

Now for the 2 hr drive to the work site.

Re: Thursday Lunch Report

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:34 am

Not sure what lunch will be.
Too early to tell.

I have never been to the factory, but would be interested were I in the area and time allowed a visit.

I also am pretty busy, but take the tree and lights down on New Years day, religiously.
Cant stand the thought of looking at that thing an extra day.
Hum bug!

Cheers
Vinnyk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Never been to the factory, might be fun, or dangerous.

Christmas tree came down new years. As was what I told the wife when she put it up.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Never been to the G&L factory, but would love to do that sometime. I did the Martin Factory Tour back about 1996, and it was terrific.

Bill

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm not busy. I'm on summer holidays from uni, and rather than get a job like I have in the past, I decided to take the time off to practice guitar and do some projects I've wanted to do for years. It's been great. It'll probably be my last chance to take a big stretch of time off until retirement - that's a scary thought.

I'd stay away from G&L factory - their inventory would likely disappear into my car...

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:09 pm

I've had the factory tour twice - first time was Anglewood, Legasat, & me and the tourguide was Darth Invader himself. 2 years later I tood the tour with lots of folks from this board at the first tour/jam/shindig. Lotsa fun both times. The highlighs were seeing the folks winding & installing the pickups plus a tour of Leo's office. It was like being in our nation's oval office - only better. Nothing impressive about it other than that it was rich with history & an amazing look at where he spent much if not most of his time.

Worth the trip both times.

Jay